The Trojan Horse that is Trump

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

The Trojan Horse that is Trump

Post by catfish86 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06 ... tcmp=hpbt2

I have to say, whatever morons voted for Trump, THANKS. We can read up on how Australia's laws work. Clinton gets in and a likely downticket problem, voila, she can pass her gun control, nominate her Scalia replacement. 2d Amendment becomes a farce. I wish there had been one debate where Kasich had a small field to show against Trump in. We need to think about what we can do to dump trump in Cleveland.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
glocksmith

Re: The Trojan Horse that is Trump

Post by glocksmith »

Sound of crickets chirping. :|
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

I voted for Trump, the election is a long ways aways.
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I voted Trump. Sorry its a messy thing and not everyone is going to be happy. The biggest problem with Trump is when they built the Trump Train, they didn't add breaks.

Whew thank god for no breaks, can you imagine getting that ballot and then theres a box where you get to pick George Bushes Son/Brother or The Sex Perverts William Jefferson Clinton's wife.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Do those people also do polls in the United Kingdom?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I have said it all along, Trump is a trojan horse to elect Hillary. I will gladly eat my hat if I am wrong and Trump actually 1) beats hillary AND 2) doesn't change his mind on Supreme Court justices. If you voted for Trump thinking he would "shake things up", you won't like the actual results. There is no win for a 2nd Amendment advocate in this fight. As he gets the glare of the lights of the main presidential campaign, he will fall apart. My main case in point is his reaction to the Orlando shooting which made Obama look presidential and astute in his reaction (no easy task). I can't wait to see what he does in foreign policy.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

We shall see.
Sorry I didn't vote for Bush.
If looking "Presidential" is just being a great polished speaker who can spout the same garbage over and over and over again. I don't think we need a "presidential" person. I don't know why there is so much hate towards Americans and gays in our own country that we aren't willing to be courageous and deal with real problems.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

bignflnut wrote:Do those people also do polls in the United Kingdom?
Good one!

#Brexit
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

By the way, moderator hat firmly on head:

I did note the use of the term "morons" when referring to Trump voters.

There will be no more of that.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

I did not vote for Trump, and though I find him pretty amusing sometimes (and scary other times), I believe :

1) If the RNC finds a way to change the rules such that Trump is NOT the nominee, then the Republican party will probably never elect another president in my lifetime. The current batch of Trump supporters from the R's will possibly never come back, and it would even upset folks like me who detest backroom manipulations of the people's will. And Hillary will win.

2) If the RNC (and all freedom-loving folks) do not fully get behind Trump, then Hillary gets in, and this country is toast. I come to this conclusion by the opinion that the SCOTUS nominations are BY FAR the most important issue this election. If Hillary has her way, then the SCOTUS will be packed with liberals at least until my 13 year old daughter's kids have kids.

This election is about more than the usual crop of 'lesser evils'. Hillary is as bad as it gets, and the timing is such (again, SCOTUS) that the damage she can do would be all but irreversible. The damage Trump would do would hopefully be short-lived, and with a conservative SCOTUS, long-term damage would be limited.

I know that the rhetoric of "this is the most important election of our time" is way overused, but this time I think it may well be true.

(Of course, if H gets indicted, I have no clue what will happen.)
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Mustang380gal wrote:By the way, moderator hat firmly on head: I did note the use of the term "morons" when referring to Trump voters. There will be no more of that.
Oh yes there will. I AM ONE OF THOSE MORONS....and I'm proud of it. :D
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I prefer "Vulgarian". :twisted:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Catfish, you need reminding why many of us vote for Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeJ-iv3MOTo
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Why isn't there video of Cleveland a few days ago?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I did not vote for Trump in the primary but I shall do so in the general election. I will not defend Trump. We could have done much better. But it is what it is. Any attempt to un-nominate Trump at the convention would be counterproductive and likely lead to armed insurrection. Not good. We have (almost) survived Obama. We can survive Trump.
Not so sure we can survive Clinton.

There is still potential for a lot of chaos before the election. Given the vitriol directed at Trump will someone succeed in assassinating him? Then what? Will Clinton be indited? If so will the Dems put up a Sanders/Warren ticket?

Too much to think about.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member