Feds for Gun Control?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Feds for Gun Control?

Post by bignflnut »

There are now more non-military government employees who carry guns than there are U.S. Marines, according to a new report.

Open the Books, a taxpayer watchdog group, released a study Wednesday that finds domestic government agencies continue to grow their stockpiles of military-style weapons, as Democrats sat on the House floor calling for more restrictions on what guns American citizens can buy.

The “Militarization of America” report found civilian agencies spent $1.48 billion on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment between 2006 and 2014. Examples include IRS agents with AR-15s, and EPA bureaucrats wearing camouflage.
(I suppose they mean "active" Marines...not living, retired, forever, Marines, Mr. Ermey)

The war coming home?

How's that considered "gun control"? Try living by your words...then, maybe, we can talk.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
curmudgeon3

Re: Feds for Gun Control?

Post by curmudgeon3 »

209 to go. :)
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

“Law-abiding citizens just shouldn’t have to carry a gun. You’re not gonna push me in that direction,” he said, standing just five feet from a Capitol Police officer, who stood at his post by the House Speaker’s Lobby.

TheDC noted to Rangel he and other members of Congress are protected by armed members of the U.S. Capitol Police.

“Well that’s a little different. I think we deserve–I think we need to be protected down here.” Rangel laughingly insisted.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

No one should have to carry a gun.

But no one should rape, rob, maim or kill, either.

Until such time as they do not, then it must be the option to defend ourselves and our loved ones the way we see fit.

Evidently, politicians believe that those bad things should be able to happen to me or my family. If it was their family members who were in potential danger, would they change their tune?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Col. Cooper wrote:
"One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street ... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time."
207 to go. :P
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Give em' Hell Pike!!!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

glocksmith wrote:Try THIS Curmudgeon - http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... s%20office
Cool. :mrgreen: