WRT terrorism, a gun ban is more dangerous to the victims.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

WRT terrorism, a gun ban is more dangerous to the victims.

Post by AlanM »

It's obvious to us on the pro-self defense side of the fence that NO guns prohibition laws will or would have prevented things like the Pulse massacre.
For us, the statement in the title of this thread is a no brainer.

Even if Zero could get his wish and wave a magic wand and dis-arm every civilian in the US a jihadist like the Pulse killer can score as high or higher a body count with a few dollars worth of commonly available materials.

Anyone who knows anything about national fire laws concerning exterior doors of public buildings and has a source of thin walled glass bottles (breakable) can come up with a way to have made the Pulse score close to 300 dead without ever using a firearm AND survive the event themselves.

In one sense I'm glad that due to my mobility problems I no longer visit venues with large numbers of people and I even schedule my restaurant visits to be at off peak times so I'm much less likely to be in a targeted location.

I worry about my family and friends, however.

BTW - WRT = With Respect To
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: WRT terrorism, a gun ban is more dangerous to the victim

Post by WY_Not »

It will also (hopefully) be much more dangerous to those who seek to implement and enforce said ban.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

WY_Not wrote:It will also (hopefully) be much more dangerous to those who seek to implement and enforce said ban.
HOPEFULLY, no one would try to implement and enforce said ban but rather lynch the politicians that passed that law.
I am seriously tired of "law makers" that never act as "law removers".
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Just once I'd love to see them have the courage of their convictions. If anyone is soooo gung-ho to disarm law abiding citizens then let them volunteer to be the tip of the spear that goes door to door doing so. But, they won't. They are cowards who seek to use government and other people to enforce their will on others.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.