Trump to meet with NRA

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Trump to meet with NRA

Post by glocksmith »

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump says he will be meeting with the National Rifle Association to discuss ways to block people on terrorism watch lists or no fly lists from buying guns.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-trump ... ction.html
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Trump to meet with NRA

Post by Morne »

I certainly hope that the NRA lets him know just how unconstitutional such a move would be. Can't deny basic rights without due process.

He's still a world better than Hillary.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Tis why I'm a bit surprised that Trump called for a meeting. I hope he's not going to try to straddle the fence on this one and attempt to appease both sides.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Morne wrote:I certainly hope that the NRA lets him know just how unconstitutional such a move would be. Can't deny basic rights without due process.

He's still a world better than Hillary.
I have no doubt they will. Trouble is there are way too many people who don't understand that gun ownership is a basic right. Four of 'em are on the supreme court. :cry:
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

NRA is going to OK new info to NICS?...

Wouldn't be the first time:
The Senate’s second most powerful Republican is pitching his own plan to prevent the mentally ill from obtaining firearms — and he’s gotten the National Rifle Association to endorse the measure.

“We know because the background check system depends on the voluntary participation and compliance of various states, that there’s a lot of variety in the ways that the states upload their background check information,” the Senate’s No. 2 Republican said. “So what this will do is to make sure that it’ll clarify the scope of the mental health records that the states must share and upload on the background check system.”

I expect the NRA, GOPe and even Trump, to cave.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
9:50 AM - 15 Jun 2016
Uh oh...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Bottom line is a failure of the system. On the Orlando dirt bag.
This guy beat up his ex wife many times. Apparently she didn't report it. If so he would have been unable to purchase.

A co worker quit ex police officer because of how much the Orlando murderer went on about killing people and shooting gays ect. He reported to the management but they didn't fire because he was a Muslim.

I mean this guy should have been prohibited person long ago.
But all that said. He could have still been successful in killing people. Remember when with out a gun 19 people Saudi Arabian invaders in 4 squads murdered over 3,000 Americans in one day. No bullets. No AR-15. We aren't safe. Literally this Orlando guy was the junior varsity team.

The idea to kill people who have done nothing to you personally is a foreign idea. That is an idea not born here. Our idea here is to respect each others right to life even when they are acting like turkeys.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican Party presidential pick, vowed in a tweet to meet with the National Rifle Association to discuss a gun-control measure that would prevent anyone on the “no-fly” list from buying a firearm – a key piece of legislation that’s been pushed by Democrats for a long time.

Hillary Clinton responded to Trump’s announcement in an interview with the Huffington Post with this brief statement: “Welcome to the cause.”

She then added: “This is something I’ve been talking about for a long time.”

The measure to outright restrict anyone whose name is placed on a U.S. “no-fly” list from purchasing a gun was being pushed by Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, who filibustered through the night into Thursday morning.

The 14-hour, 50-minute filibuster came to an end after Republican leaders reportedly agreed to votes on two gun control proposals.