Orlando may be the tipping point but which way.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Orlando may be the tipping point but which way.

Post by AlanM »

History shows that gun control is the third rail for the Democratic Party.

Sorry for the link dump but I haven't had time to digest these. Except that HRC may be committing political hari kari by pushing gun control as a election issue.

People voting with their wallets. Who do you think they'll vote for in November?
US gunmaker shares soar after Pulse nightclub massacre
Gun company shares soared on Monday as traders predicted that Americans will react to the Orlando massacre by rushing out to arm themselves with more guns.
Shares in the two biggest listed US gun manufacturers Smith & Wesson and Sturm Ruger & Co rose by 10% and 9%, respectively.
I wonder how many day traders made money today.

Hillary Clinton calls for renewed assault weapons ban: they're a 'weapon of war'
Hillary Clinton has called for the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban in the wake of the worst mass shooting in American history that left 49 people and the gunman dead at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

Live Orlando shooting: attacker appeared to be self-radicalized, says Obama – rolling updates
Obama says it appears Omar Mateen was inspired by extremist information spread over the internet but there’s no evidence he was directed from abroad
Read more
In forthright comments a day after the massacre at the Pulse Club, the presumptive presidential nominee for the Democratic party issued a call for a return to “commonsense gun safety reform” and lambasted the Republican-controlled Congress for what she called a “totally incomprehensible” refusal to address the country’s lax gun laws.
Senate Democrats push for new gun control measures
Leading U.S. Senate Democrats on Monday urged quick passage of legislation defeated last year to impose additional gun controls in the wake of the weekend mass shooting in Florida.

Four Democratic senators, led by Chuck Schumer of New York, the No. 2 Senate Democrat, called for immediate passage of a bill preventing people on "terror watch lists" and other "suspected terrorists" from buying firearms or explosives.

Last December, Democrats attempted to pass this legislation but were blocked by Republicans, who said the government could mistakenly place innocent people on watch lists.

The new push for legislation came after a man with an assault rifle entered a gay nightclub in Orlando and killed 49 people and wounded 53 others. The gunman subsequently was killed by law enforcement officers.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Orlando may be the tipping point but which way.

Post by Javelin Man »

Four Democratic senators, led by Chuck Schumer of New York, the No. 2 Senate Democrat, called for immediate passage of a bill preventing people on "terror watch lists" and other "suspected terrorists" from buying firearms or explosives.
Put in the same bill that they lose the right to vote. That bill will go down faster than a flying squirrel with a head cold.

But seriously, anytime a bill like this is introduced, add to it the loss of voting. Lose one right, lose another without any trial or adjudication whatsoever.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

^^THIS^^ I've said this for years. I really want to hear the left explain why not.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Anybody remember the GOPe beggin to gain the Senate?
My stars, the nation's been better since then...
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says he be may be “open” to placing new gun controls on law-abiding citizens following the terror attack on Pulse Orlando.

According to CBS News’s Steven Portnoy, McConnell has a meeting with FBI director James Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Wednesday. Portnoy Tweeted that McConnell has signaled he may be willing to consider new gun controls after that meeting.

There is no word on what additional gun controls McConnell might be “open” to discussing.

Breitbart News previously reported that Secretary Jeh Johnson has already said gun control will be part of Homeland Security post-Orlando.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says he be may be “open” to placing new gun controls on law-abiding citizens following the terror attack on Pulse Orlando.
I really don't understand what the h*** is wrong with these people. This guy was investigated by the FBI and CLEARED. He even retained his job as armed security at a courthouse. Somewhere us mere CHL's dare not carry. So just what other gun control would he be open to? Sheesh. That RINO's gotta go. Just so long as we don't get another Dem in his place.

Random thought: What would be the conversation if this (politically incorrect term) decided to make a bomb in a pressure cooker instead of shooting people?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

On the evening TV news there was video footage of some Democratic congresspeople who were saying words like, "I don't want to hear any words", "I don't want any debate," "Lets just pass some legislation now!" What the guy didn't say but was probably thinking was, Before the ignorant masses out there realize they've been duped. If gun control is passed, it won't hurt the Democrats politically, they're already mostly in districts that only vote Democratic anyway. It would however hurt the Republicans, because one of the main reasons people vote Republican is to actually stand up to the Democrats when they have bad or useless legislation. It would be the quickest way for the Republicans to lose some House and Senate seats. Sadly however, some of the current crop of Republicans probably don't get this.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/w ... you-killed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting chart- active shooters with and without armed good guy being present.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Within hours of the attack in Orlando, I posted that this incident could be our equivalent of Australia's "Port Arthur Massacre". AlanM's use of the term "tipping point" is highly appropriate. IMHO by the end of this year we could see another 1994 style AWB as the final outcome. I'll eat my words if I am wrong.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The problem is this guy wasn't just some American that wanted to kill people for no reason. He was an ISLAMIC terrorist. This was an act of TERRORISM. Yes he used guns but in my mind, this shouldn't even be considered a mass shooting. It should be classified as a TERRORIST attack. I know most of you on here probably agree with me to one degree or another but I honestly don't know why we as a nation are even having this debate. Strike that I do know, the Democrates see this as a perfect opportunity to get more gun control. In order to do this they ignore Islam, lie and make this about guns. This has nothing to do with guns and we should not let the Democrates get away with framing the debate in such a way as to make it about guns. We need to write our representatives and let them know we expect them to call out this deceit whenever it is presented. This is a TERRORIST issue not a gun issue. (Steps off soapbox.)
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

(Steps up to soap box.)
"I will fundamentally transform America."
"We are not at war with Islahm (sic), never have been, never will be."

211 days to go. :|
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

curmudgeon3 wrote:(Steps up to soap box.)
"I will fundamentally transform America."
"We are not at war with Islahm (sic), never have been, never will be."

211 days to go. :|
The ROP is our friend and Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia Eastasia...
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

In a newly released transcript of one of the calls with police made during his siege of the Pulse nightclub early on June 12, Omar Mateen said his massacre was retribution for the coalition strike that killed Abu Waheeb, a somewhat obscure executioner and propagandist with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“Yo, the airstrike that killed Abu Wahid [sic] a few weeks ago, that’s what triggered it, okay?” Mateen told a police negotiator in one of the multiple calls made while he was inside the nightclub.“They should have not bombed and killed Abu Wahid [sic].”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
In a newly released transcript of one of the calls with police made during his siege of the Pulse nightclub early on June 12, Omar Mateen said his massacre was retribution for the coalition strike that killed Abu Waheeb, a somewhat obscure executioner and propagandist with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“Yo, the airstrike that killed Abu Wahid [sic] a few weeks ago, that’s what triggered it, okay?” Mateen told a police negotiator in one of the multiple calls made while he was inside the nightclub.“They should have not bombed and killed Abu Wahid [sic].”
Are you sure of this source? According to recent statements Hillary made, the terrorists are motivated by Trump's alleged Islamophobic comments. :roll:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/19/hil ... f-treason/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am confused by something she said however. If she truly believes Trump is giving aid and comfort to the enemy, how can she shake the hand of a traitor at the beginning of the debate? :roll:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

(Wayne Brady, on right, looks healthy)

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

From June of 2016
The FBI has asked law enforcement agencies who responded to Pulse nightclub to withhold records from the public, according to officials.

A June 20 letter from the FBI, attached to the City or Orlando's lawsuit over withholding 911 calls and other records from 25 media outlets including the Orlando Sentinel, was also sent to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office with instructions pertaining to how they should respond to records requests.

The letter requests that agencies deny inquiries and directs departments to "immediately notify the FBI of any requests your agency received" so "the FBI can seek to prevent disclosure through appropriate channels, as necessary."
Now the current event...
Pulse nightclub gunman Omar Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, was an FBI informant for more than a decade before the 2016 mass shooting and is facing a criminal investigation in connection with money transfers to Turkey and Afghanistan, it was disclosed Monday during the trial of Mateen’s widow.

FBI Special Agent Juvenal Martin also testified that he considered developing Omar Mateen as an informant after closing an investigation into comments Mateen made at work in 2013 about belonging to terrorist organizations.

Defense lawyers for Noor Salman argued the case against her should be thrown out or declared a mistrial, but U.S. District Judge Paul Byron rejected that request.