CCW Rights Progress 1986-2016. 2 maps.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CCW Rights Progress 1986-2016. 2 maps.

Post by JU-87 »

I refer to this as "CCW Rights Progress 1986-2016". It includes 2 maps of the USA illustrating the positive change. :)

Civil Rights Progress 1986-2016
In thirty years in the United States, gun rights, as proxied by right to carry arrangements in the several States, have undergone remarkable levels of liberalization. You have probably seen the famous color-changing state map. While the year to year change is interesting, it’s hard to beat an A-B comparison of thirty-year start and finish lines. Here is the status quo ante of1986...
The key inflection points have been, in our opinon, five:

The Florida shall-issue law of 1987. (The media prediction of blood in the streets did not come to pass, Florida Man notwithstanding);...
http://weaponsman.com/?p=30940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
BobK

Re: CCW Rights Progress 1986-2016. 2 maps.

Post by BobK »

I didn't realize (or remember) that one can now hunt in Ohio with a suppressor
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CCW Rights Progress 1986-2016. 2 maps.

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

BobK wrote:I didn't realize (or remember) that one can now hunt in Ohio with a suppressor
Yep. HB 234 that passed last session, the one that gave us many things, started out as just a 'hunting with suppressors' bill.

Almost all the other pro-gun bills being considered were used to amend HB 234. Apparently Kasich only wanted to sign one pro-gun bill that session.

I'm hopeful that the same thing will happen this year.
MyWifeSaidYes