Call for Assistance: OFCC/WVCDL Joint Project

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Victory Bill

Re: Call for Assistance: OFCC/WVCDL Joint Project

Post by Victory Bill »

What can I say...it's a slow night at work... :D

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2012 ... e-invasion

“During the incident, one of the occupants of the home was able to retrieve an assault rifle that he kept at the residence and subsequently shot one of the intruders.”

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Victory Bill

Post by Victory Bill »

Last one for the night... One innocent life lost to an AK but another saved because of an AR.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/01/us/a- ... sonal.html

"I took my Colt AR-15 semiautomatic rifle" and "inserted the magazine while I was in the closet. I walked to the top of the stairs. Then I pulled back the bolt and, letting it go, chambered a round. That act, which loaded a bullet for firing, produced a sound loud and distinctive enough that the intruder uttered an expletive and fled."

"Mrs. Phillips-Taylor's 17-year-old son, Scott, was shot six times, first in the back, then execution style in the head, with an AK-47 fired by an 18-year-old classmate"

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
rradenheimer

Post by rradenheimer »

Code: Select all

marked
This post is just a marker, data compiled to here.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:I can't locate the story about now-Congressman Brad Wenstrup detaining some unruly yutes up in Indian Hill a couple years ago with an AR-15 variant. Almost like it never happened--but it did. Hopefully somebody with better navigating skills can drag it up from the Interdepths.
Well i had my local congressional candidates mixed up. It was Paul Hackett who detained the unruly yutes with his AR-15. No wonder I couldn't find the story. :oops: Thanks to jabeatty for setting me straight.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Brian D. wrote:
Brian D. wrote:I can't locate the story about now-Congressman Brad Wenstrup detaining some unruly yutes up in Indian Hill a couple years ago with an AR-15 variant. Almost like it never happened--but it did. Hopefully somebody with better navigating skills can drag it up from the Interdepths.
Well i had my local congressional candidates mixed up. It was Paul Hackett who detained the unruly yutes with his AR-15. No wonder I couldn't find the story. :oops: Thanks to jabeatty for setting me straight.
In Brian's defense, I thought it was Wenstrup too. :)

Here's a link to a link to the original story (which I can't seem to access on the Enquirer's site).
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
SC-JG

Post by SC-JG »

I cannot get jabeatty's link at his link to work either, but I found this:

http://www.fox19.com/story/5963387/pros ... =printable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...peace out
Victory Bill

Post by Victory Bill »

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/teen_ ... murd/ngMk/

"Two days after Henderson's murder on January 9th, police say Redding and three other teens were involved in a home invasion. Police say during that break-in, the homeowner, armed with an semi-automatic rifle fired at Redding striking him in the shoulder.

Police say Redding dropped his weapon as he fled the home. Because police were conducting ballistic tests on weapons in crimes committed after Henderson was killed, they were able to connect Redding to the murder at the Standard and also to an armed robbery in the parking lot of the Standard two and a half weeks before."

Victory Bill

Post by Victory Bill »

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21202 ... -on-camera

"At 2:30 p.m. Thursday, even though a security vehicle was parked in the driveway, Bonnie and Clyde showed up to announce a holdup, but what they didn't know was they were about to get an AR-15 surprise."

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Anything happening with this project?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

Yes, we have a spreadsheet. I will work on getting in posted somehow.
Pay your dues.