Global War on America

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

Splat!! wrote:So.................If a Rattlesnake is in your living room, do you open the door and let it out or........... do you stomp it??
if it has scales,
slithers on it's belly,
tastes the air with its tongue and
has fangs; it's a snake, and i didn't even need a profile. and since the nature of the snake is to bite, it will be dealt with accordingly.

if the snake could see reason, agreements could be met & it could leave on its own. else, communication is not effective; force is all that is left.
and since it is an animal and acts as one...well there you have it.

(*)when i was a young navjo boy growing up in the southwest on the res, as we say, we were dirtpoor, thanks to the whiteman. so we had to go to the creek to get water, 5 times a day, uphill (both ways), in the snow...i mean heat...you get the idea.
anyway, one day a snake decided to sun itself on the path to the creek. at first we didn't mind him and he didn't mind us. but, as things happen with paths and lands getting crowded, quite by accident, someone stepped on his tail (shouldn't have been there in the first place maybe, i dunno). then every day after that, he started biting people.
well eventually we had enough, and us boys went down there and stoned the snake (with rocks!). when we got back and told everyone what we did, quite proud of ourselves for showing that snake who was boss, the hataalli (med man for you palefaces) just shook his head and went to see the snake.
when he got there, the snake was pretty bad off, we didn't kill it, we'd just wanted it to go away. so the hataalli is healing the snake and asks him; they stoned you b/c you were biting people and making them sick. why did you start biting the people?
i was angry b/c someone stepped on my tail said the snake, if snakes could talk.
he finished tending the snake, put him aright but before he left, as is the way of old tribal men; he had one parting shot;
"it's o.k. to be angry, but sin not."

(*)disclaimer, i am not of the navajo tribe, i just thought that a clever hook
Last edited by Glockulator on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Glockulator wrote:and i didn't even need a profile.
Yeah, but analogous examples need to be comparable. Snakes and humans are not for many reasons, the most pertinent to this conversation of which is civility. A human being is conditioned from early on that it is wrong to harm another. What a person does with that training is not predictable based on his race... like a snake, who operates only on instinct.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

The children are taught to hate westerners and their views from early childhood...............In which it becomes instinct.........

Their religion, culture, and education are the same principles..............They live , eat and breathe their beliefs. no compromise............

That is why they will riot in the streets over an image...........Not that they are insecure................They are loyal to the cause and will die for it.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

Splat!! wrote:[...]

The children are taught to hate westerners and their views from early childhood...............In which it becomes instinct.........

Their religion, culture, and education are the same principles..............They live , eat and breathe their beliefs. no compromise............

That is why they will riot in the streets over an image...........Not that they are insecure................They are loyal to the cause and will die for it.
While I agree that this is true for some part of the muslim population, it is by no means true for all. It may ring true for an insurgent in Afghanistan or Iraq, members of Hamas, but most likely not for a businesswoman in Turkey, a Somali cab driver in Columbus, or (amazingly enough) most Iranians.

Again, it is important to distinguish culture from religion.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

haspelbein wrote:While I agree that this is true for some part of the muslim population, it is by no means true for all. It may ring true for an insurgent in Afghanistan or Iraq, members of Hamas, but most likely not for a businesswoman in Turkey, a Somali cab driver in Columbus, or (amazingly enough) most Iranians.

Again, it is important to distinguish culture from religion.
actually there are islamic schools right here in the states which teach the very ciriculum splat refers to.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

Glockulator wrote:[...] actually there are islamic schools right here in the states which teach the very ciriculum splat refers to.
Sure there are, and you can also find them in Europe. It is however incorrect to claim that they represent the muslim community as a whole.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"