He also admitted possessing an Uzi sub-machine gun

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

He also admitted possessing an Uzi sub-machine gun

Post by Tither »

When you ban guns from the law-abiding, criminals seem to be able to get their guns because they are willing to break the law. In the UK, ten years after their gun ban, they are still having trouble riding their society of the criminal use of firearms.
Six years for gun factory engineer
AN engineer who helped convert hundreds of blank firing guns into deadly weapons has been jailed for six years. David McCulloch, 52, used computerised lathes at a factory on the Victoria Street industrial estate in Ancoats to convert at least 274 replica guns into real deadly weapons.

McCulloch pleaded guilty to conspiring to smuggle at least 274 weapons into the country. He also admitted possessing an Uzi sub-machine gun.

Unfortunately for unarmed the law-abiding British citizen, it appears that their gun ban is nothing more than a jobs program for criminal enterprise.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

It surprises me that he went through all the effort to convert the guns in the UK. With Eastern Europe ("Would you like a Makarov with that?") not that far away, smuggling firearms into the UK seems so much easier.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Tither

Post by Tither »

haspelbein wrote:It surprises me that he went through all the effort to convert the guns in the UK. With Eastern Europe ("Would you like a Makarov with that?") not that far away, smuggling firearms into the UK seems so much easier.
Yeah that surprised me too! That was a drastic and seemingly unnecessary step.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
SirBeep

Post by SirBeep »

haspelbein wrote:"Would you like a Makarov with that?"
Yes, please!