CNN Under Fire

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

CNN Under Fire

Post by sabalo »

This is an interesting video about CNN and their anti-war propaganda and the inaccuracies they report.

Video
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Wow, tough lady -- smart as a whip, mean as a snake, and not bad lookin' either...

I'm glad she's on our side. Too bad I can't say as much for CNN.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Sabalo:

I can't get anything here to read that file. XP-Home, SP2.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Video

Post by sabalo »

It seems to run fine on Quicktime and Microsoft Media Player.

Outside of those, I can't be much help as I run Mac OSX.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Sabalo:

EGAD, a Mac user....

If you didn't like Paras I'd be sending Sammy! :twisted:

Windows Medial Player doesn't like the format.... I don't think I've got QuickTime installed.

Thanks!
Stu.

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

I'm the king of using old software. IE is 5.0, WMP is 6.4 (both regular and Classic). I don't have Firefox setup to play embedded video, but when I launched the link in IE, it played without issue. I have installed different codec packs at different times though. Perhaps I armed myself with one that others get naturally if they update their WMP beyond a certain point.

More to the point, I wish in the day and age of broadband, that sites would just release their videos in classic formats that EVERYBODY can support, like MPEG. Or if they insist on snipping corners, use and apt and widely accepted codec like DivX.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I got it to work downstairs on the notebook. No video though....

It's definitely a QuickTime thing....

However QT was happy to inform me that I needed some software to play the clip that wasn't available on their servers at this time....

Dan:

I'm hollering at my little sister right now. She's got a site set up (of consequence but unrelated to this forum) that uses Java and Flash. The latter isn't really relevant (you will miss out on some cute content) but you need the Java to see what you've bought.... I've got all that stuff turned off in IE7 and some people would have no idea how to turn it back on.... I think CompuServe ate my long e-mail to her about that too.... Can't win.

(I have to ask the mods if I can post an "ad" for my sister's site. It's a charity thing but we both have a fiduciary interest in it.)

("Fiduciary" has nothing to do with what the Oregon PD was trying to do to you, Dan, but it's one of those words that sounds like it should.... :twisted: )

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Since you brought it up, that's a pet peeve of mine too. Flash is cool and definitely has its uses. But so many sites out there seem to rely on it way too heavily. From frontended video to intro pages with no HTML bypass links, many people "shoot themselves in the foot" with those who choose to disassociate themselves from it. And with pop up adds using Flash to sneak in audio that comes from out of nowhere, can you blame us?

As for Java, you should be able to find a checkbox for it in your internet options. If it's in IE, you can even get to in from your control panel.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Dan:

Agreed....

I know how to kill Java (or turn it on) from IE5 or so and later (running 7) or most of the older NetScapes (I'm still running 4.8).

However my sister's site is aimed at people who barely know which is the keyboard and which is the screen. Whatever's set up is what they're going to use (probably set up by the neighbor kid) and forget about changes. Not to mention people being afraid of downloading spyware & such. "You need to download [something] to proceed; Click Here" is a turn-off if they've been paying attention to the news media.

My cousin Josh (he's a working professional photographer in New York) put up a site some time ago that was really slick. It took me a half-hour to figure out how to do anything but light up the main page. Java and other stuff all over the place. I'm told he re-did it and it's awful now - gotta go look. Yech.... He's a pretty decent photographer but whoever did the web site needs to be forced to use Prodigy....

http://www.joshuakessler.com

(If you bother, the earlier one was a little harder to navigate but it's still kinda strange. Josh showed up here a while back with a $15,000 digital camera and a mound of other goodies just to take my picture. He'd decided to take a couple months and travel around the country taking pictures of his family and friends. I have copies of the one he did of me and some of the pictures of my mom, somewhere.... A goodly chunk of the family's still here in town so he didn't just come to see me - his mom lives around the corner. The Lost Ark is upstairs someplace too, I think.... He's the youngest of six kids and the youngest - at about 40 - of "my generation". I'm the oldest of 17 of my maternal grandparents' grandchildren.)

My web site, OTOH, is pure dreq. My little sister said it was the worst she ever saw. I tend to agree. I built that site to prove that I could do it at all, and to have a place to "park" some downloads for clients. It works.... It costs me nothing.... Navigation is simple. Click on something and you're on another page. Click someplace else and go to another page or back to the first one. "Click here to download" a couple places. If I knew what I was doing I'd have to quit. :twisted:

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם
LeGiOn

Post by LeGiOn »

ewwww.. The entire site in flash.. Seems all cool and trendy. Completely pointless. Good luck getting high search engine rankings with that site.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Here is a link to another site that has it. I couldn't get the first link to work but this one worked for me.
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/23/this-is-cnn-2/
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

I saw this morning that there is a hotel chain that is pulling CNN from all their hotels becasue of the Anderson Cooper footage of the Insurgent Snipers shooting our troops.....

about time someone threw it back in their face
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I understand how everyone feels about CNN. You need to keep in mind that CNN is not an american news network anymore,really hasn't been for over fifteen years.
The shakers and movers at CNN would like to distance themselves as much as possible from america so they can be "vued" as a true "Global" news network,with no allegiance to any country..a sort of leave your conscience at the door for the sake of the story mentality. :(
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.