Six Reasons to Vote

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

curmudgeon3

Re: Six Reasons to Vote

Post by curmudgeon3 »

My observations have been that there are basically only two kinds of elected Legislators; the kind that lean towards restricting LACs' Individual Freedoms in response to adversity to give the illusion that they're "doing good", and those that lean towards improving LACs' Indivdual Freedoms to demonstrate that they are, in fact, doing something to improve the lives of their constituents. e.g., it has been stated in the media that there are an estimated 30,000 laws on the books that infringe upon the RKBA that is "protected" by the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. To repeal, or modify some of these local aberrations takes months/years; the nationals sometimes decades. :? The sad part about this ....... many times our elected Legislators emerge from the ranks of lawyers, some of whom take great pride in having practically memorized these laws, or have them at their fingertips for use in debating for the most severe freedom-limiting interpretation of the laws.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Here's something I found on-line about gun groups supporting Gov. Romney:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... +-+Text%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Good one tweed...but this http://news.yahoo.com/obama-grabs-wide- ... 14783.html

Seems that none of the pro-2A voters have cast their ballots yet.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I have my ballot right here sending it out tommrow.

Vote Early and Vote often, as the democrats say. 8)
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I don't know as to the number of people who have voted as of yet. I am pretty sure my parents have already voted absentee - they're both deceased - and they're both buried in the Greater Cleveland area...

Three thoughts based on political instinct:

Governor Romney cannot win this election, but President Obama can still lose it.

Governor Romney still has a only 2 out of 5 chance of being president.

If the election were to be held today, President Obama would carry Ohio and would be successful nation-wide in both the popular vote, and subsequently at the Electoral College.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Turnout will be a key to whether or not our President is granted another four years for "flexibility".
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/reag ... ebate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Are you better off than you were four years ago ?"
rottman43055

Post by rottman43055 »

OP's link didn't work for me, but here are 6 reasons I will vote

1. Romney will ruin SS 2. ruin medicare, 3. cut medicaid for old people disabled old people in nursing homes, 4. Raise taxes on the middle class & give more breaks to upper 1%, 5. kill jobs 6. bad foreign policy 7. Flip flopper who can't be trusted

Oops, that was seven :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ Any factual basis to your remarks??? ^^^^
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Tweed Ring wrote:I don't know as to the number of people who have voted as of yet. I am pretty sure my parents have already voted absentee - they're both deceased - and they're both buried in the Greater Cleveland area...

Three thoughts based on political instinct:

Governor Romney cannot win this election, but President Obama can still lose it.

Governor Romney still has a only 2 out of 5 chance of being president.

If the election were to be held today, President Obama would carry Ohio and would be successful nation-wide in both the popular vote, and subsequently at the Electoral College.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%.
Gallup Tracking 10/11 - 10/17 2700 LV 2.0 52 45 Romney +7
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

rottman43055 wrote:OP's link didn't work for me, but here are 6 reasons I will vote

1. Romney will ruin SS 2. ruin medicare, 3. cut medicaid for old people disabled old people in nursing homes, 4. Raise taxes on the middle class & give more breaks to upper 1%, 5. kill jobs 6. bad foreign policy 7. Flip flopper who can't be trusted

You forgot the most important reason to vote for romney,.... obummer in his second term will be a gun grabber. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

steves 50de wrote:
rottman43055 wrote:OP's link didn't work for me, but here are 6 reasons I will vote

You forgot the most important reason to vote for romney,.... obummer in his second term will be a gun grabber. :roll:
Yeah, the 2nd Amendment should be our first priority...all that other stuff rottman mentioned will be useless if we lose our gun rights.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!