Eye Of The Beholder

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bob686

Eye Of The Beholder

Post by Bob686 »

Hi,
I read this article and found it to be interesting and very true (IMHO). I'm posting here. This article may belong elsewhere though. Kind of makes a person think a little about our biased media in this country. All the more reason to CCW.
Link
Last edited by Bob686 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Welcome to the forums. Just so you're aware, reproducing entire articles (ironically enough, with copyright notice) is against the rules because of the copyright noticed ;)

Point taken though. Media slant is something we collectively deal with all the time.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Bob686

Post by Bob686 »

OK Dan, noted, since you're better educated than me I'll take it down. I did make it through HS but did not go to college, just trade school. I did find out I can post a link though and I will. This I know is legal.
Bob
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Bob:

You can post a very short excerpt or a synopsis and then place a link in the message.

(It appears you figured out how to do that.)

Welcome to the board. Your post (and the effort behind it) are appreciated.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Bob686 wrote:since you're better educated than me I'll take it down.
Never even suggested it. But I have been around long enough to see things like that get batted down, so I thought I'd help. Next time, I'll know better :P
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Great post Bob, and welcome aboard 8)

Don't let the learning curve get to you, they've been trying to train me for years :lol:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Most have been in the woodshed before Bob. "Don't let it get you down" Our friend Dan has been there many times in the past and has shaped up quite well. :D He offers good direction from personal experience. :P
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
PAJOHNOHIO
User Requested Deactivation

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

Wayne wrote:Most have been in the woodshed before Bob. "Don't let it get you down" Our friend Dan has been there many times in the past and has shaped up quite well. :D He offers good direction from personal experience. :P
I agree, but I just don't see that word Moderator after his name. I think the intention of good direction is there.

Believe me, I have received my share of "Private Messages" from the moderators regarding posts or parts of posts. The moderators here do a fine job and catch just about everything.

Delivery, tone and sentence structure go a long way when trying to assist others. We should try not to be that kid in the classroom who wants to run the class all the time.

I am smacked down often for just tone alone.

Welcome to the forums!
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Victor Davis Hanson sure do write with a sharp pencil...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

brilliant!

i'm convinced, we need to fill congress with democrats, re-elect "billary" so that he can tax the snot outta us, confiscate our guns, put 'friends' back on the air and saddam back in power. that way everything will be as it was ~8 years ago and we can start over w/o all this macho warmongering.

love it!
mcb

Post by mcb »

off topic

Every time I see the title of this thread this image pops into my head

beholder

sorry
mcb
PAJOHNOHIO

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

mcb wrote:off topic

Every time I see the title of this thread this image pops into my head

beholder

sorry
mcb
I am interested as to why that image????
<i>"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."</i> <b>-A Few Good Men-</b>
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Kinda reminds me of Janet Reno....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

PAJOHNOHIO wrote:I am interested as to why that image????
It's a beholder.
PAJOHNOHIO

Post by PAJOHNOHIO »

dan_sayers wrote:
PAJOHNOHIO wrote:I am interested as to why that image????
It's a beholder.
Didn't know that....where is that from?