What It's Like To Be Judged By The Six O'clock News:

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Berlin Kid

What It's Like To Be Judged By The Six O'clock News:

Post by Berlin Kid »

I received this and thought that I would share it with you. I searched and couldn't find where this may have been posted before. My apoligies in case I double posted. I have also posted this on Glock Talk.

Watch the videos in order.
You'll be amazed.

Before you watch the two attached videos, please read this.

Be sure to watch the videos in proper sequence (first #1, then #2).

These are videos of an officer-involved shooting.

Watch the first video (from the on board dash cam of the third cruiser involved in the high-speed chase) and make your best determination on whether this is a "good shooting" or not. Be sure to watch the pertinent part of the video several times.

Once you have made your initial determination, watch video #2.

This is from the on board camera of the second cruiser that was involved in the high-speed chase.

Does this change your mind?

Moral of the story:

Next time we see the video of the police using deadly force on the 6 O'clock news, don't jump to any conclusions that the officer was not justified in his decision.

Video 1 (Watch first)... http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/Po...ootSuspect1.wmv

then watch this one... http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/Po...ootSuspect2.wmv

So... what did you think after watching the first one?

Then the second?

Remember the moral of the story
Sad citizen of the Peoples Republik of Kulumbus.

GSSF, NRA Member
jabeatty

Re: What It's Like To Be Judged By The Six O'clock News:

Post by jabeatty »

Try these instead:

Video #1

Video #2

Jim
LeGiOn

Post by LeGiOn »

Crazy how many times he was hit before he actually stopped walking.
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

How many hits did he take? Did he live?
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
d906670
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by d906670 »

You will never see the second video on TV. :x
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

I didn't read the comment, but, thought I'd respond to the title :)

As someone who's been on the front page of Yahoo! News, and most of the local papers..... (at least in my part of ohio....)

....If the papers think you're helping a liberal cause, GREAT! :).....

.....That is, until, they find out you're not such a liberal, and, the point of your fight is less than liberal..... :)
Where's the best place to apply for your CHL?
Find out at http://ccwhen.com!
The world is cold, but, bold men take action.
Dr. Winston

Post by Dr. Winston »

As I turned up the volume and watched the second tape again, it sounded as though ten shots were fired.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Justified shoot? Where? Looks like murder to me!
LeGiOn

Post by LeGiOn »

I counted between 10 and 11 myself. After 6 shots he was still walking fine. After the 7 - 8th Shot he stumbled a little. At the 9-11th shot is when he fell.

He came really close to putting a big hole into that cops head. I would of started fireing the minute he initially pointed the gun towards the one cop before he started walking away from the camera.
Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

gun in his hand?
shooting at the cops?

no loss
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

LeGiOn wrote:I would of started fireing the minute he initially pointed the gun towards the one cop before he started walking away from the camera.
OK, would you have started firing the minute he pointed his cell phone at you? IIRC, that's what it was. Don't get me wrong. I am not busting on the police. You have about a ¼-second to decide. And if you decide wrong...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

NavyChief wrote:
LeGiOn wrote:I would of started fireing the minute he initially pointed the gun towards the one cop before he started walking away from the camera.
OK, would you have started firing the minute he pointed his cell phone at you? IIRC, that's what it was. Don't get me wrong. I am not busting on the police. You have about a ¼-second to decide. And if you decide wrong...
You are correct sir......[/my best Ed McMann impression]

Here is a link to a story on it Click Here Although the article is some what balanced, reprinted from the New Orleans Times, after digging around a little, the site itself appears to be very liberal.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Thank you!!

WOW! How did you find it?

I did a little searching myself, using the date as the search term, and was not able to find it (in a 'reasonable' amount of time). What terms did you use?

Impressive.

btw - when I watched the video, and I did so multiple times, I thought it was a gun, and I thought I saw gunpowder smoke. The "community leaders" doing their Monday morning quarterbacking just kill me. Here I am, sitting leisurely at my computer, and *I* think its a gun - those cops had no such advantage, and yet they were supposed to a) determine it was not a gun, and b) use non-lethal force. Unreal, but typical 'leader' mentality.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
WBL_2006

Post by WBL_2006 »

It sounded like 10-12 rounds to me and the individual didn't go down until an apparent head shot was taken.
no loss
Agreed.

WBL
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

BB62 wrote:Thank you!!

WOW! How did you find it?

I did a little searching myself, using the date as the search term, and was not able to find it (in a 'reasonable' amount of time). What terms did you use?

Impressive.

BB62
Not really impressive but thanks anyway. :oops:

I googled "police shoot man with cell phone" the link was on the third page of results.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.