Anti-gun group masquerading as a pro-gun organization

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

Post by Tither »

Hey. There appears to be an anti-gun group masquerading as a pro-gun organization. Apparently they are trying to divide and concur us by peeling off the hunters and sport shooters. According to Gunlaw News. Link
American Hunters and Shooters Association here are the people who head it up.

Ray Schoenke, President of AHSA
Major Donator to Gun Control Politicians & Groups According to Gun Law News , Schoenke has made political donations to Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and Edward Kennedy.

Gerry Kavanaugh - President
From the AHSA website: ... a close advisor to the John Edwards for President campaign. Prior to working for John Edwards, he was the Policy Director for the Democratic National Committee. Mr. Kavanaugh served as Senator Edward M. Kennedy's Chief of Staff and worked with him through both his 1994 and 2000 re-elections.

Bob Ricker, Executive Director, AHSA You can get a good sense of Bob Ricker at Link Bush Dances with the NRA Devil and Link Taking aim at gunmakers. Testified for the NAACP in a junk lawsuit. –

Link Here is part of their mission statement
sportsmen overwhelmingly support reasonable gun safety proposals. Moreover, an overwhelming majority of hunters support proposals like background checks to purchase guns, keeping military style assault weapons off our streets and the elimination of cop killer bullets.
Now all of those, the NRA is our enemy articles is starting to make sense. They were setting us up for this. The NRA has a lot of problems but I doubt if THIS BUNCH is our hope.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
Mark

Post by Mark »

Now the libs can say, "I am supported by the American Hunters and Shooters Association." This will allow them to get the so-called "Red Neck Vote." And you know what, it will work to a certain degree.

I'll never forget an experience I had when Bob Dole was running for president. We went hunting in West Virginia and there was this little bar we would go to in the evenings. I started talking to this pretty little thing with an accent that you wouldn't believe. Somehow we got on to politics and she said that she would not vote for Dole because he wanted to get rid of the Board of Education, and she had friends on the board.

(um...mam, he doesn't want to get rid of the Board of Education. He wants to cut the the Department of Education.)

It's amazing the degree these liberals will go to get their power back.
dan_sayers

Re: Anti-gun group masquerading as a pro-gun organization

Post by dan_sayers »

Tither wrote:
and the elimination of cop killer bullets.
EVERY "bullet" is a cop killer if it's used to kill a cop. Have they also banned every cop-killing car? :roll:
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Tither

Re: Anti-gun group masquerading as a pro-gun organization

Post by Tither »

dan_sayers wrote:
Tither wrote:
and the elimination of cop killer bullets.
EVERY "bullet" is a cop killer if it's used to kill a cop. Have they also banned every cop-killing car? :roll:
Every rifle bullet will go through a bulletproof vest and Ted Kennedy has brought up that legislation several times. It actually passed once and the NRA had to scramble to get that one undone. It was about an hour before the senate realized they just banned every rifle bullet in America.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Sorta sounds like our Senate lately :lol:
Tither

Post by Tither »

Here we go. Here is an article where the group is now making its push to divide and conquer us gun owners.

Link New group defies NRA, Brady outfit on gun issues

It's the Old anti-gun argument. They are in the middle and therefore they are the voice of reason. Just cut our rights by half, is all the voice of reason is promoting. However the true middle is between no gun control and a total ban. We have 22 to 30 thousand gun laws already on the books, so we ARE the voice of reason, and they are just grabbers!
יזכר לא עד פעם
Zen

Post by Zen »

Thanks for the heads up. from now on when I hear of the AHSA, I will think "Anti-gun Hunters and Shooters Association" :)
Never submit, comply or follow the commands of an attacker...

OFCC & NRA Member
Tither

Post by Tither »

Zen wrote:Thanks for the heads up. from now on when I hear of the AHSA, I will think "Anti-gun Hunters and Shooters Association" :)
ROF Zen! :D
יזכר לא עד פעם
Illuminaughty
*** Banned ***

Post by Illuminaughty »

Why don't we do the same? Start an anti-gun organization and show how proud anti-gunners are to be to be gun-free, and hand out signs to put on your front lawn saying "This is a gun-free residence."?

XD

I bet we wouldn't have many takers, oddly enough.
Starshine

Post by Starshine »

Mark wrote:Now the libs can say, "I am supported by the American Hunters and Shooters Association." This will allow them to get the so-called "Red Neck Vote." And you know what, it will work to a certain degree.
:idea: Ah-ha! Now I understand the motivation for starting such an organization. ...and you're right--it probably *will* suck in a few unwary rednecks. :shock:

I just have to shake my head, here--we gun advocates and the gun-grabbers alike just want the same thing: a safer society! It is a shame that it is so hard (okay, so impossible) to get everyone on the same page as far as how to go about doing that!

"The Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence," for instance, is an organization I would really support, if it were about stepping up ENFORCEMENT against violent criminals. But, no, they just don't get it, just like dozens of other groups across the nation. <sigh>
Tither

Post by Tither »

Starshine wrote:"The Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence," for instance, is an organization I would really support, if it were about stepping up ENFORCEMENT against violent criminals. But, no, they just don't get it, just like dozens of other groups across the nation. <sigh>
I am so fond of saying this I actually have it saved in my documents. I call it the Anti’s decision.

Even though Gun-Controllers usually are not really bad people, there comes a time in every gun controller's life when he or she must make a decision. After having been lied to by the Anti-gun organizations and their bought and paid for researchers, then founding out the truth. The Anti-gunner now must either admit that he or she was wrong, and change his or her opinion, like John Lott did, or make the conscious decision to ignore the truth and become a self-professed liar.

All of the empirical and anecdotal evidence is against them and they know this to be a fact. However they are so blinded by their beliefs that guns are bad that they no longer care what is good or best for our society. They just hate all guns and all gun owners. Peroid!
יזכר לא עד פעם
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

What is by far more dangerous, is this is just a continuation of the strategy of divide and conquer. Go after the more sportsman minded gunnies. Even some liberal weenies like a nice expensive shotgun to hunt fox with from horseback.

The trap/skeet guys consider themselves (rightfully) firearms enthusiasts concerned for safety.

The bolt action single-shot bench resters feel the same way.

That guy who gets his deer every year considers himself a firearms enthusiast too.

So it starts by getting the "less evil" gunnies in their fold. As long as THEIR sport is unaffected well, maybe compromise is a good thing?

You know, maybe EBR's sunsetted ban really should be restarted. You know, we don't need 30-rd mags for deer hunting. You know, we've gotten along fine with our hobbies without anything more than a plugged shotgun. Or a bolt action rifle. Or a .22 single shot.

So then they get ACTUAL gunnies on their side by pretending to be "reasonable" about gun restrictions.

Then it starts.

You know, you can target shoot with a rimfire as easily as a centerfire, and rimmies don't go through vests. And deer hunters should only need one shot. So centerfire rifles are gone with ANY magazine capacity over 1 round.

You know, those shotgun types shouldn't have more than 2 rounds in a magazine, since they are hunting with them, so any SG mag capacity over 2 rds is gone.

Rimfires with over 1200 FPS are not necessary. So .17 is gone. Anything over .22 LR (not HV) is gone.

You know, pistols are not necessary for sporting, except for maybe rimfire target jobs. So pistols, except for .22's, are gone.

And who needs more than 6 rounds in a pistol? So any highcap .22's are gone.

And why do you need to load so quickly? Semi-auto anything is gone.

Suddenly we are without our 2A rights.

"The way to eat an elephant- One Bite At A Time!"
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.