Instructions on the proper way to act when you get mugged.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

Instructions on the proper way to act when you get mugged.

Post by Tither »

Here is a city just Begging for a CCW law. Read this article so you will know the accepted way to act when you get mugged in Washington DC.

Link Etiquette to D.C. crime
"Muggers are polite when you follow their instructions, but they get surly when you're rude." "How can you be rude to a mugger?" "Ignoring the mugger is considered rude," said my friend. "This will give him license to strike you with a blunt object." "Making eye contact is also considered rude," said my friend's wife. "During the mugging transaction, it is only appropriate to look at the mugger's feet." "I guess running would be out of the question?" I said. "Running is very bad," said my friend. "This might affect the mugger's self-esteem, which is already suffering because he's probably out of work. This gives him little recourse but to strike you with a blunt object."

"Then please tell me what to do when we get mugged." "You should always make an offering," said my friend's wife. "The mugger must be given an item that has perceived value." "Like jewelry or a watch?" I said. "You don't wear jewelry or a watch in this city!" said my friend's wife, laughing. "You give up your wallet." "But I need my wallet. It contains my license and credit cards." "You don't hand over your real wallet," said my friend, looking at his wife like I was an idiot. "You give the mugger your dummy wallet. You carry your real wallet in your sock." "I keep my license and credit cards in my undies," said my friend's wife.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

:roll:

I can't even post what I think about those idiots...
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

I used to carry my trucker's wallet in my left pocket with ther chain attached to my belt.In it I carried the company phone card,fuel card
and fuelchecks.(checks couldn't be cashed without a company authorizatuion number.
In my right rear pocket I carried my regular wallet with my license,credit cards and all my cash 9sometimes $200 to $1000.
When wife and I got out at a truckstop i put about $50 in my pocket and locked my wallet in the box in the truck.If we needed a credit card or more cash I went out and got it but Very seldomley did that happen.
If I was robbed they would only get the $50 bucks in the 'phony wallet'with and OLD driver's licene.
Trick of the traide to newbie Truck drivers!! Never carry a lot of cash or flash your money in a truck stop. There are those who DO NOT drive but always wait for the right person and moment to robb you of whatever cash you got on you.Lock it in the truck or send it home via fuelcheck or moneygram1
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

There are as I hear, also those that DO drive that will rob you :-)

Bill
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

willbird wrote:There are as I hear, also those that DO drive that will rob you :-)
And some New Jersey governors who won't stop at robbery... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've thought for years that an exploding, fake wallet would be a nifty idea for those of us trusted, background-checked good guys to carry. At the very least, it would give the folks in the U.S. Patent Office something good to talk about at the water cooler!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Rob-Black99RT

Post by Rob-Black99RT »

Brian D. wrote:I've thought for years that an exploding, fake wallet would be a nifty idea for those of us trusted, background-checked good guys to carry. At the very least, it would give the folks in the U.S. Patent Office something good to talk about at the water cooler!
Read an interesting post over on ar15.com last year about what a demolitions expert did to some crooks. He'd had one or two radios stolen out of his car, so he bought a broken high-end CD player off e-bay, gutted it, and then rigged up a timer with some thermite attached to it. The setup in the car kept the timer from starting as long as 12V was going to the radio, but as soon as they removed it, the timer would start... Sure enough, his car got hit one night, and strangely enough a large warehouse caught on fire later that night, along with several thousand dollars worth of stolen goods. Not sure if it was true or not, but was a funny read anyway....

Here's a funny video of the stuff...

http://www.guzer.com/videos/thermite_car.php
- Rob
G30