If this does not make you mad, nothing ever will

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

If this does not make you mad, nothing ever will

Post by Tither »

Link NRA packs the heat of 4 million members
As for New Orleans, O'Keefe said he wasn't "aware of any widespread confiscations," but police did take guns away from people who were threatening public safety, and Milwaukee police would do the same thing in the same circumstances.

"If you fire guns at rescue workers, if you point guns at law enforcement officers, you are not a law-abiding citizen," he said. "You are a criminal, and you will be treated as a criminal."
Link An assault on citizen rights -- In New Orleans, legally owned guns taken
It was something we never believed we would see in the United States: Armed police and National Guardsmen taking firearms from law-abiding citizens – at gunpoint. . . . Not only did it happen, but the officers and soldiers weren’t very gentle about it.

Police entered the home of elderly Patricia Konie, who told them she did not want to leave her home and ordered them out of her house. She said she could protect her home and possessions with her gun, which police asked to see. Konie displayed a small pistol in her open palm and a big cop body-slammed her into a wall, took her gun and dragged her outside to be forcefully evacuated. Consider that this was a time of terror. Gangs had been roaming the city, looting, vandalizing and mugging innocent victims. Police protection was almost nonexistent in many sections of the city.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
airdog714

Post by airdog714 »

Yes it makes me mad.

One thing I have not read is an article where they disarmed any thugs/gang-bangers/bad guys. It seems to me the older and weaker the better.

THE COWARDS.

Just my own thoughts.

airdog
The Goverment cannot give the people anything until they have taken it from the people first.