NRA on the offensive

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

NRA on the offensive

Post by Tither »

Man I am glad to see the NRA on the offensive in the face of the Mayors conference trying to whip up support for more gun control. Many people do not know this but Mike Bloomberg spoke at a fundraiser for the Brady Campaign, so he has close ties to an organization that vows to destroy part of our Constitution. Here is a link to the N.Y. Mayor speaking at the Brady Campaign fundraiser. Link Here
Our Constitutionally Guaranteed Rights are fragile, and with precedence a very serious part of jurist prudence, what happens to one amendment can and probably will happen to all of them.

Here is a teaser to an article WAYNE LaPIERRE wrote. Link Guarantee the rights of lawful gun owners
There were no lights, no phones, no 911, no police protecting neighborhoods. Gangs of thugs roamed and ruled the streets. New Orleans officials could not protect their residents. Yet they denied their residents the means to protect themselves. If ever there was a need for the Second Amendment right to defend your family and property, it was in those long, dark, dangerous weeks in New Orleans. When the Second Amendment is only as good as your mayor or your police chief says it is, you'd better find out whose side your local leaders are on.
This issue is close to my heart because after becoming disabled, I had to live in a Cleveland Housing Project while going back to collage to get a degree that would permit me to do a job that was not so physical. While there, I ran into the Gang and Drug Dealer problem.

At first, I did not see any reason to care about what others were doing. I figured since they were not hurting anyone and especially not me, it was none of my business. However, one day, one of my neighbor told me her children slept under their beds instead of on top of them because of the almost nightly gunfire. That broke my heart and I thought, I’ll be dammed if I will condone a problem where children are afraid to sleep in their beds at night.

Well after trying to talk to the dealers, and finding out they did not care, and after seeing several bodies of drug deals gone bad, I figured I had enough. So I became a problem to them and I had my life threatened by one of the major drug dealing gang leaders. He went to prison shortly after that, for murdering someone else, but I know about living in a situation where 20 to 30 people have the residents living in constant fear of what they might do. When society breaks down, and the police either cannot or will not protect you, like in New Orleans, and the L.A Riots, your 2nd Amendment rights becomes a very important one. To have someone coming to collect your guns is the same as signing one’s death warrant in many cases. I know it would have been for me, in my situation. The only thing that saved me was someone telling the gang leader that I was a very good shot and had several guns, so he waited for the perfect moment fearing I was probably armed.

Hey John Lott. Another unreported DGU. :)
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Good for you Tither!!

May I ask what you are in college for?
Tither

Post by Tither »

This was back in 1990. I got my 2nd degree in Computer Science.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Tither wrote:This was back in 1990. I got my 2nd degree in Computer Science.
We can never have too many computer geeks on the forum. I don't know if anyone has officially said 'welcome' but if not let me be the first.