Campaign Against Illegal Guns

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

Campaign Against Illegal Guns

Post by Tither »

Link Grassroots Groups Kick Off Campaign Against Illegal Guns
from New York to California, from Wisconsin to Virginia
In press conferences, gun violence prevention advocates across the country are kicking off a campaign this week to educate the public about the devastation caused by illegal guns and to announce initiatives to disrupt the illegal gun business. These advocates are state organization members of States United to Prevent Gun Violence and Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
OK that sounds like an admirable goal. If gun control will work, just exactly how much of our Inalienable Right do they need to take to stop illegal guns? Or is this all just Anti-gunners B.S. and they could not care less about our safety, and they just want to persecute guns and us gun owners no matter what the cost to our Society?

England has banned guns in 1996 they must be pretty safe by now, so lets look how well massive gun control is working to allow its citizens to feel and be safer?
Link Cops hold seven in gun gang raids
ARMED police today arrested seven suspected gun-gang members during raids in Liverpool. Officers from the Matrix team swooped on the group, some as young as 15, at their homes in Croxteth and Norris Green this morning.

The raids follow a series of shootings, which have left homes in the two areas riddled with bullets and residents terrified.

Gun battles have been sparked by rivalry between estate gangs in Norris Green and the Croxteth-based Strand Crew.. . . . . . .

On April 24, drive-by gunmen shot a 17-year-old member of the Norris Green gang from the window of a speeding 4x4. . . . . .

The attack sparked a terrifying shoot-out as teenagers returned fire with their own weapon.

So the law-abiding are the only ones who are prevented from owning guns. Even if they were allowed to ban the total lawful ownership of guns, Drug Dealers, just import them in with their drugs, leaving the law-abiding residents to cower in fear because the police can’t protect you and your family, and the police cannot get there in time.

Maybe that was just an odd and bad example. Maybe crime is actually way down in England.

Link Three Strikes and You're ... in Like Flint
London and British crime rates have been increasing for years. Recently total crime rates for London have been estimated at about seven times those of New York for a slightly smaller population and some authorities suggest these figures have been minimized. England and Wales are now accounted by some estimates as the most dangerous places for crime in the developed world.

In Norfolk, where the Tony Martin affair and other matters revealed a state of professional criminal gangs systematically robbing and terrorizing isolated rural dwellers, . . . .

In 2002 a study found that 11 million crimes had been left out of British government figures, including hundreds of thousands of serious crimes involving woundings, robberies, assaults and even murders as well as thefts. Dr. David Green of the Civitas research institute said: "When you check the small print, it turns out the Home Office itself thinks that there were far more than the 13 million crimes discovered by the [official] British Crime Survey, perhaps four times as many." Dr Green said the Office of National Statistics was subject to political interference and a genuinely independent statistical service was needed.
OK that is just one country, how about Australia where drastic gun control prevails.

Link Boom times on underworld gun market
ILLEGAL guns can be bought "as easily as a pack of cigarettes" through a booming weapons black market in Queensland. Despite official denials, The Sunday Mail has been told that weapons are freely available through underworld dealers.
Prices start at $300 for a pistol and range to $4000 for the firepower of an Uzi sub-machinegun, capable of firing 10 heavy-calibre rounds a second.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
Tither

Post by Tither »

So you say you want to stop illegal guns huh?
Link Sheriff worries about real gun made mostly of plastic
NEWARK, N.J. A real pistol made almost entirely of plastic has turned up during a drug bust in New Jersey.
And that's adding to fears that something similar could pass right through an airport security scanner. The unusual weapon concerned the Essex County Sheriff so much, he took it to Newark Liberty Airport to see whether it looked like a weapon in the X-ray machines. It didn't. Only the benign-looking metal barrel was visible. The guns are known to police departments, but haven't turned up often in public. The sheriff tells The Star-Ledger newspaper he wants to warn other law enforcers that drug dealers may be getting their hands on the plastic pistols, putting them into wider circulation.

Also see Link Europe Cell (HOME Criminal MADE) Gunphone Discovered - Threat to Security plastic

See the secret video of the GunCellphone in action
Link to PLAY VIDEO

Link Australia Thousands of (HOME Criminal MADE) pistols seized in raids
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Good grief. This thing again? How many are there in the world? Three? Four? And they're all owned by various LE agencies that fabricated them in their own labs based on something they heard terrorists had. First time I saw this was in '98 and it was an alert from Belgian customs officials as something they had reports of. I have yet to read of a single instance of one being used - for anything. But - I could be mistaken.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Tither

Post by Tither »

NavyChief wrote:Good grief. This thing again? How many are there in the world? Three? Four? And they're all owned by various LE agencies that fabricated them in their own labs based on something they heard terrorists had. First time I saw this was in '98 and it was an alert from Belgian customs officials as something they had reports of. I have yet to read of a single instance of one being used - for anything. But - I could be mistaken.
Hey Chief.
Even though we already have 22 thousand gun laws already on the books, the gun controllers are always going to tell the American people that they just need one more law then America will be safe. My point is that even if one could actually ban, then remove from every person, every gun on earth. The Criminals will just make guns no one can ban.
Link The “Unregulated” Gun
“Gun Laws of America is 384 pages of just the federal statutes that regulate guns—more than 88,000 words. Additionally, the associated federal regulations interpreting these laws are even larger. Minimum penalty for a violation is typically 5 years in federal prison for every offense.

It is estimated that there are between 22,000 and 30,000 gun laws on the books in America. Those laws include restrictions on possession, carry, distribution, storage, transfer, manufacture, sale, ownership, importation, use and more.
The point is that Only the Law-abiding, who are NOT the problem, are the only people disarmed by gun control. Criminals with either make them, or import them in with their drugs, just like they did in England. Also meaning that Gun Control is not Crime Control.
Link Results Are In on British Gun Laws
The Manchester Guardian, on January 14th, laments the fact that their city is being called "Gunchester". Police sources were quoted as saying that guns had become "almost a fashion accessory" among young criminals on the street. Some gangs are armed with fully automatic weapons and the generally unarmed British police say that they risk confronting teenagers on mountain bikes brandishing machine guns.
Just imagine what it would be like to be disarmed and living in this neighborhood.
יזכר לא עד פעם
GWC

Post by GWC »

A gun that can't be detected by an airport xray is already prohibited by federal law.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

The Manchester Guardian, on January 14th, laments the fact that their city is being called "Gunchester". Police sources were quoted as saying that guns had become "almost a fashion accessory" among young criminals on the street. Some gangs are armed with fully automatic weapons and the generally unarmed British police say that they risk confronting teenagers on mountain bikes brandishing machine guns.
My youngest daughter was planning to go to school in Manchester until I read about the street gangs there.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Tither

Post by Tither »

TunnelRat wrote:My youngest daughter was planning to go to school in Manchester until I read about the street gangs there.
All of the American celebrities are leaving England because of the crime. I guess crime is not concentrated in the bad areas of the city like it is hear. It’s everywhere. Star’s homes are broken into regularly.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Tither

Post by Tither »

Someone got this one right.
Link N.Y. gun suit all about headlines
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's lawsuit against 15 alleged "rogue" firearms dealers in five states is political grandstanding run amok. . . . .

There's a reason for that. The private investigators New York hired to conduct this sting must have made deliberately false statements on federal firearms purchase forms. That's a felony. They should be prosecuted. If Bloomberg sent them to do this, he's an accessory, if not a conspirator.

Given Bloomberg's anti-gun history, and that of New York's previous unsuccessful efforts to sue firearms manufacturers, he is turning his attention to retailers. Yet, his ultimate goal remains the same, and it has nothing to do with stopping criminals.

His intent, and that of his cheerleaders, is to demonize gun owners and ultimately drive gun manufacturers out of business while destroying the individual right to keep and bear arms in the process.
יזכר לא עד פעם
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Tither wrote:Hey Chief.
Even though we already have 22 thousand gun laws already on the books, the gun controllers are always going to tell the American people that they just need one more law then America will be safe. My point is that even if one could actually ban, then remove from every person, every gun on earth. The Criminals will just make guns no one can ban.
Tither -
You may have misunderstood - I wasn't pingin' on you for posting the cell phone gun story, but the paper for running the story in the first place. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

I recently saw the beginning of the movie "Millions". It's a recent British production. It shows a family moving into a newly developed neighborhood, and in what appears to be a homeowners meeting, a British police officer warns the new homeowners about burglaries.

He tells their homeowners that they are likely to be burglarized and that he can help them filing their insurance claims. :mrgreen:

I wasn't sure if it was meant to be funny or sartirical.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

haspelbein wrote:I wasn't sure if it was meant to be funny or satirical.
Of late, I think it's being truthful!

The British Government is telling their LEO's to "warn" the criminals and let them go....

The Monyt Python guys couldn't have done it better.

Another one of those "where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?" situtations. :twisted:

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Tither

Post by Tither »

NavyChief wrote:You may have misunderstood - I wasn't pingin' on you for posting the cell phone gun story, but the paper for running the story in the first place. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
No worries mate! I didn't take offence although I did misunderstand.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Tither

Post by Tither »

Mayors and all Anti-gunners! How can ANY law you make stop illegal guns when even MASSIVE gun control laws cannot.

However, the truth is that you actually don't care about the average citizen and their plight to stay safe, do you? You just hate guns and you want to ban every one of them no matter what the cost to our Constitution and our safety.

Sorry for the Bluster :) Sorry! That's just my style. Sorry!

May 20, 2006
Link Two men arrested after arms cache found in car
Two men were in custody last night after 18 semi-automatic handguns and 748 rounds of ammunition were found in a car stopped by police in north London.

The weapons, along with 18 silencers, were found after a joint operation involving the Metropolitan police and customs officers. Two addresses in Kilburn and Kentish Town were also searched. It is understood that the weapons had been brought to Britain from Eastern Europe. There is no suggestion of terrorist involvement.
יזכר לא עד פעם