buying a gun in a different state

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

dan_sayers wrote:So what do I do now? The seller says it's sold to me. How to get his gun to me? I realize I would have to pay an FFL transfer fee.
Dan, any chance the seller would drive it down to you? If so, have him meet you at your local dealer, and pay the dealer to handle the transfer. (Make those arrangements ahead of time, and make sure your seller is bringing photo ID.)

You'll get the firearm sooner, it won't be lost or broken in transit, you'll only pay one FFL fee, and it'll be perfectly legal.

You might need to buy your buddy lunch or pop for the gas, but it'll probably still be cheaper than FedEx or UPS.

Jim

PS - If you can find an FFL who's close to the border, it might be less of a drive for your seller.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

That's a good idea. But the wheels are thankfully already in motion now. I know he wouldn't have made the drive. When I first enquired about the gun, he thought the drive was enough to put me out to begin with. I told him that if HE was uncomfy with my location to say so, but that I'LL be the one to decide what's too far ;) He's just north of Cabela's, which I need to go to to get ammo for the thing anyways. I could've been shooting it last night, chewing your guys' ears off today about how much I love the thing. But NOOOO, overregulation and redundancy is keeping the law abiding man down.

To make matters worse, I always get delayed on my first background check in any 30 day period. Nevermind the fact that it always goes through, so whatever caused them to delay is something they can disregard now. Or how about the fact that I'm licensed which involves more extensive checking? That should act like a fast pass in the process. I'm legal, the gun's legal, the sale is legal. Why isn't legal me picking up the legal gun I've legally purchased for lawful purposes legal?

I need a butt. I've got a boot that needs sinking inside somebody responsible :evil:
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.