Dad shoots at computer

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Dad shoots at computer

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Dad shoots at computer, saying son spends too much time playing games
Dunedin, Florida - A Dunedin dad probably made his point about his son spending too much time on the computer. Pinellas Sheriff's deputies say he shot at the monitor as his son sat near-by. Forty-four-year-old Joseph Langenderfer was arrested Monday afternoon at his home on Frances Street.

His 22-year-old son Tim called 911, saying he and his dad were arguing and his dad had just shot at him.

The older Langenderfer reportedly told deputies he was mad that his son had not done the laundry and was spending all his time playing games on their computer. He told deputies that although he told his son he was going to shoot the computer, the gun accidentally fired.

The bullet hit the wall about three feet from where the son was sitting.

Langenderfer is in the Pinellas County jail charged with one count of attempted murder, (accused of trying to kill his son, not the computer.)

Story found:
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/a ... ryid=29560

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I've had my share of conversations with the kids about exsessive game playing but... geez!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lfrost2125

Post by lfrost2125 »

I wouldn't of used a gun. I would have walked over picked up the monitor and threw it out the door. This kid sounds like my brother-in-law. He wouldn't move if the place was on fire, The sad part is that my mother-in-law doesn't give a crap. He lived with me and my wife for a short time and said I was a drill sargent cause I made him take out the trash and do his own laundry. The stuff his mother doesn't make him do. Then he was {inappropriate language} when I would only give him a hour of computer, tv, or video game time after all his homework was done.
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

Almost reminds me of Scary Movie 3, George Carlin's little cameo :P

"My wife took our daughter and drowned her in the well. I thought a simple time-out would have been sufficient."
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

My daughters always used the time wisely on the computer or watchin their favorite 'scary'movie on DVD.
They knew that if the homework was not done or the grades dropped in school the puter and tv were 'off limit' till the next 4 week progress report said the grades were coming up.
That also meant dating and school functions as well.
I was told I was too hard on my kids by other parents but out of my daughter,adopted daughter and 12 foster kids,Not One of them EVER spent a night in juvvee or jail.
Makes me a pretty proud Papa.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

I'm facing a similar incident. Some dirty spoon thought I was aiming for it :cry:
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

dan_sayers wrote:I'm facing a similar incident. Some dirty spoon thought I was aiming for it :cry:
You still haven't fixed that hole in your countertop Dan?
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Ooooh... cover up the trail. I like how you think! ;)
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.