open carry

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Stu
i know what you mean about 'Having your number'. Last week when i called the city for an 'open door' on the "Chico' owners house out back, they sent a cruiser that was involved in a chase on the East Side.
Wife said that,over the radio 2 cars basically refused the call and a supervisor 'made' both of them answer my call.
The first there was the same cop from the few nights brfore who complimented me and jokingly ask."why did ya call us/"
This time a very ignorant attitude towards me. Started ranting about how busy they were and they had to time to 'Respond to open doors on abandoned houses. Best part of it is it wasn't an abandoned house. It was a 'just rented' home that belonged to a man living Chicaco.
Well after the bullcrap I took from him I called the Chief's office the next day and the lady who was to have ameeting with the Commanding officers that afternoon,said I was NOT entitled to that kind of treatment from any officer and they ARE required to answer all calls for open doors.
All in all Youngstown has my number now and I've been mentioned on the radio on ch. 3. Seems the cop took a reaming from the Chief and Commanding officers.
In a shooting the other night the Detectives wouldn't even talk to him and he complained on the radio.
DANG! AIN'T NICE TO BE POPULAR?? :lol:
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Dan:

Anybody's guess what the reaction to the Glock will be. Odds are half of the PD guys (or more) only know about "two guns" anyway....

Still might be fun for those who actually have seen you when they notice that one of them grew....

Guess the "banging head against wall" thing really boils down to the guys who don't want to give you any problems won't. The others still may, but they would have anyway.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Ron:

I haven't been listening to Youngstown for a while, but mom was in North Side for a bit and I'd been driving across town so I've kept it on lately....

"Busy" barely begins to cover it.... I ended up putting the HT on the door (it clips nicely across a "pull") so I could keep an ear on some other channels I like to listen to....

However, you're correct - they really should be taking those "open door" calls, and don't forget about the arsonist. 'Bout the only issue is timing - a bit lower priority is going to be normal.... Should have been a hotter call with an occupied house, though.

On the way someplace I heard the YPD Dispatcher give a call to one of the cars that was five hours old the other day.... Not really critical, but....

Crossing town tonight some idiot shot the red light on Glenwood near the old Isaly building (forget the street name - just south of Marshall) and spent the next couple miles in the left lane, passing everybody. He got out of my sight for a bit. When I saw him again he'd spun out and tore up his muffler and maybe a tire. Now heading northbound. I didn't even bother to call. Let him explain the damage to somebody - YPD would have caught the guy sometime Thursday....

There's little left in the City to steal, but lots of mischief about anyway.

I've seen so many people turn left on red lately that I think it might be legal, too. Not even intersections where the lights probably should be disregarded for your own safety either.... I'd sleep better if the wife would get a CHL but no luck there so far.

Hm.... The wife and I have friends (the gal's still close to my wife) who had a nasty divorce. Driving home one night I heard Boardman send a couple cars to their house. "The [deleted]'s are at it again...."

Regards,
Stu.

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Petrovich wrote:
dan_sayers wrote: Info assimilated.
No...tell me it isn't true!! This can't be happening!!
Happens all the time. You just don't notice because you have what's known as a predisposition. You have a warped view of the truth and are looking for only that which supports your false theory. Your selective attention only lapsed here so that you might attempt a dig and poorly at that.

@Stu: I didn't mean notice. I just meant that I might actually only be carrying one gun once the 40 arrives.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Dan:
@Stu: I didn't mean notice. I just meant that I might actually only be carrying one gun once the 40 arrives.
AARGH....

Tell me it isn't so....

:twisted:

Seriously, the "two gun" thing may stick for a while....

You may find LEO's asking where the other one went.

This may get interesting....

With "Plain Sight" the PITA factor for me re carrying a BUG is just too high most of the time. I've got three of varying "capability" that might end up in ankle rigs or something like that but it's just not worth it. 'Bout the closest is tucking the P3-AT someplace and leaving the 1911 in the car....

(Enjoy the Glock. I don't care for 'em, but I've shot one, and I'm impressed.)

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

dan_sayers wrote:
Petrovich wrote:
dan_sayers wrote: Info assimilated.
No...tell me it isn't true!! This can't be happening!!
Happens all the time. You just don't notice because you have what's known as a predisposition. You have a warped view of the truth and are looking for only that which supports your false theory. Your selective attention only lapsed here so that you might attempt a dig and poorly at that.

Jeesh, and here all this time I thought you were going to tell me you're an authority on woody allen movies.
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Yep....just got back. Took the little one to the Dawe's Arboretum. We walked the entire perimeter...went to the koi pond and collected a few snails for the aquarium. It was a nice time.
Hope you weren't carrying because the entire grounds is a CPZ. Plus, it's illegal to take ANYTHING from Dawes grounds without permission. That includes flowers, acorns, leaves for a leaf collection, morels, salamanders from the cypress swamp...and oh yes, snails from the koi pond! Unfortunately, I have to go there tonight (and every Thursday night) for our Boy Scout meeting.... :roll:
Freedom isn't free!
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Redhorse wrote:
Yep....just got back. Took the little one to the Dawe's Arboretum. We walked the entire perimeter...went to the koi pond and collected a few snails for the aquarium. It was a nice time.
Hope you weren't carrying because the entire grounds is a CPZ. Plus, it's illegal to take ANYTHING from Dawes grounds without permission. That includes flowers, acorns, leaves for a leaf collection, morels, salamanders from the cypress swamp...and oh yes, snails from the koi pond! Unfortunately, I have to go there tonight (and every Thursday night) for our Boy Scout meeting.... :roll:
I went to HS with a guy who's family owns/started Dawes Arboretum. I haven't been there in years though.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

Redhorse wrote:
My brother got married there a few years back and he and his wife carved their initials into a tree. I gave him the dickens for it! :x