Illegal Immigration

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Good Post Jackal. No one COULD have said it any better.
God Bless the U.S.A.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
MDM

Post by MDM »

I`ve heard alot of people say it would be impossible to deport 11 million illegals. I say you`ll never know if you don`t try.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

I agree, I mean what the heck, say we only get 5.5 million of them ?? Then we could put out a bounty on the rest, offer an extra federal income tax deduction for each one you turn in.

Bill
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Jackal wrote:"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1907

Sums it up for me.
Interestingly, this was a theme throughout TR's life. I'm sure we're all familiar with the famous "hypenated American" speech variously attributed to 1907, 1910, 1917, and 1919 - they might all be correct. I pulled this blurb from David McCullough's biography of TR's early years, Mornings on Horseback (pp. 358-359):
All American citizens, whether born here or elsewhere, whether of one creed or another, stand on the same footing; we welcome every honest immigrant no matter from what country he comes, provided only that he leaves off his former nationality, and remains neither Celt nor Saxon, neither Frenchman nor German, but becomes an American, desirous of fulfilling in good faith the duties of American citizenship.

- excerpt from a speech given in Dickinson, Dakota Territories (later North Dakota), July 4, 1886 by Teddy Roosevelt at the age of 27
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

MDM wrote:I`ve heard alot of people say it would be impossible to deport 11 million illegals. I say you`ll never know if you don`t try.
For every one you send back to meheeko two more will take his place.

You know what really irks my liver about this whole protest thing? Those people actually had the gall to act indignant. Like THEY were the ones getting crapped on.
airdog714

Post by airdog714 »

I don't believe we are using the right titles for these people.

I think the title we should be using is INVADERS.

My ancestors immigrated from europe, boat, paper work, that sort of thing.

There is a differance.

airdog
The Goverment cannot give the people anything until they have taken it from the people first.