Hello all, Newbie Here! Quick question about Gun Purchase.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SigScott

Hello all, Newbie Here! Quick question about Gun Purchase.

Post by SigScott »

I was just wondering if there is a limit to how many hand guns you can purchase at a givin time in this state of ours? Looking to buy two P228's.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hello all, Newbie Here! Quick question about Gun Purch

Post by TunnelRat »

SigScott wrote:I was just wondering if there is a limit to how many hand guns you can purchase at a givin time in this state of ours?
I dunno, how much money have you got?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
SigScott

Post by SigScott »

Ha Ha,

I take it thats a no! Great![/i]
JeffK

Post by JeffK »

Perhaps someone with an FFL can chime in here, but I believe you can purchase as many as you want at one time, but if it's more than two handguns in a 7-day period they must log the sales in a special ledger and may possibly be required to alert the ATF.

This is totally a guess on my part though. I could be 100% mistaken.
SigScott

Post by SigScott »

I talked to Clelands, and told them I wanted to have two P228's shipped to them for transfer and they said ok! so I guess it's ok!!

Thanks for the quick responses![/i][/code]
GWC

Post by GWC »

Good choice Scott. You'll never go wrong buying Sigs
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

GWC wrote:Good choice Scott. You'll never go wrong buying Sigs
Or Colts, or Berettas, or Wilsons, or...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

tommcnaughton wrote:
GWC wrote:Good choice Scott. You'll never go wrong buying Sigs
Or Colts, or Berettas, or Wilsons, or...
What! No Glocks...I'm hurt. :cry:
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

I'v always been told 2 or more at one time and there is a federal form, but the dealer does that, I have bought more than 1 and it was no hassle...they can put 2, or 20, or 200 on ONE 4473 with ONE background check. They may not do it that way, but they can within federal law.

Bill
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

JeffK wrote:Perhaps someone with an FFL can chime in here, but I believe you can purchase as many as you want at one time, but if it's more than two handguns in a 7-day period they must log the sales in a special ledger and may possibly be required to alert the ATF.

This is totally a guess on my part though. I could be 100% mistaken.
Yep, it's just another form the dealer fills out and sends to the atf. There's no limit to what you can buy but I wonder what would happen if you bought 30 handguns in one month?