Carrying on our trip.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Johnny45

Carrying on our trip.

Post by Johnny45 »

My wife and I recently traveled to North Carolina and Georgia on some family dealings. It was quit refreshing to not see any ghostbuster signage anywhere down south. Not at the supermarkets, not at the gas stations, not at the banks, not at the roadside rests, not anywhere! There are places in this country where people don't panic just because the gun toting good guys don't wear a uniform. :)
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

I think NC and GA are several years ahead of Ohio on the CCW timeline- and we can hope that as the time matures on ours we will see the same.
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
meeksja

Post by meeksja »

NC passed CCW in 1996. Prior to 1996 NC had open & vehicle carry provided weapon is not concealed. Open carry and car carry are still allowed. LEOs will treat you just like any other stop provided you annouce up front you have a license or permit and a weapon. They will not ask for the weapon nor give you a hard time. I went through two DUI checkpoints last December and neither LEO asked for the CHL. They simply checked my DL and registration and told me to have a nice evening.

I grew up in NC and we carried hunting rifles and handguns in our vehicles all the time. Gun Deer season lasts 3 months. Open carry is not a big deal to the Highway Patrol, County Sheriffs or local LEs.

We had stores that posted "No CCW" signs to begin with in 1996, but we simply stopped at the door and asked for the manager. We then told the manager that we would not be shopping at their store any more until the signs came down. It took about 6 months for Lowes to remove the signs.
Others were small businesses that we were able to convince sooner.
The last time I was home in June I do not remember seeing a single "No CCW" sign.