Help me find a gun safe

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

d906670
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by d906670 »

Another place to check is R&L when they have their scrach & dent sales up at their termal.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

Still haven't found "my safe". I checked out Sam's Club and they have a very nice fireproof Winchester safe for like $580 or somewhere very near to that. Anyone have one of these safes? They look pretty nice for the money. I don't have any long guns, I may pickup a 11-87 for shooting clays but other than that it will be used for ammo, important docs, and handguns.

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Jronjakoh

fireproof safe

Post by Jronjakoh »

When da was alive he had a Kewl Idea for a secure and fireproof safe. he got it from a construction job we did in the late 60's.
We were building a custom home when the owner stated he wanted da to bury his safe in the concret floor of his basement office,
The safe was a small one ,about 14"X24"X24". We poured the concret around the safe when the floor was being poured. The door was aimed at the ceiling and when he wanted anything out of the safe he was on his knees and had it when he needed it. Just kept a small carpet over the door.(Combination lock was recessed)Thus fireproof and secure from eyesite. Back in the corner behind his desk.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
CableGuy

safes

Post by CableGuy »

Cynnasty...run over an stop by LARRYS LOCK SAFE SECURE on Plainfeild at Galbraith rd they sell great safes an have trade ins...
heathen

Smith Security Safes

Post by heathen »

Redhorse, I saw your post... "There is a guy that builds safes here in Ohio, his company name is Smith Securities. He will build you anything from a finished safe, to an unpainted steel box."

I have been looking at their web site and leaning that way for my safe. Link
http://www.smithsecuritysafes.com/n_saf ... kplus.html

How well made are these and do they deliver (rough price maybe?)? Any info on the company you can pass on? I'm interested in the Oak Plus but it's about two inches too wide. I'll either have to widen the area I want it or have them make it slightly smaller.

Thanks for any info you or anyone else can provide. Redhorse, I sent you an IM also.
taningray

Post by taningray »

bigbosky

Post by bigbosky »

buy a vault door and build a safe room!
Ghostrider

Post by Ghostrider »

Check out http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.net/salesV.html have some good deals.
MR D

Re: Smith Security Safes

Post by MR D »

heathen wrote:Redhorse, I saw your post... "There is a guy that builds safes here in Ohio, his company name is Smith Securities. He will build you anything from a finished safe, to an unpainted steel box."

I have been looking at their web site and leaning that way for my safe. Link
http://www.smithsecuritysafes.com/n_saf ... kplus.html

How well made are these and do they deliver (rough price maybe?)? Any info on the company you can pass on? I'm interested in the Oak Plus but it's about two inches too wide. I'll either have to widen the area I want it or have them make it slightly smaller.

thanks for any info you or anyone else can provide. Redhorse, I sent you an IM also.
8)

I have been to the factory... up by Bowling Green... the factory wasn't real impressive but the people and the products sure were....they can buil to your dimensions and your specs...large price range.... He even has one that a customer returned to him.. the customer had a fire... the door to the safe wasn't latched... no damege to the guns(saw the pictures) and the loose ammo inside did not cook off... the top of the safe did buckle a little, prolly due to water hitting the top of it when it was so hot....
they do deliver and even offer installation, but that does cost....

they keep the mechanicals very simple and use a lot of common sense in their construction. :D
"I'd rather be tried by a jury of my peers, than carried by six of my friends..."
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

Mr D.,

Was that Smith's or Zanotti's?

They are both somewhere near Bowling Green, OH from what I understand.

Zanotti's, IIRC, is the one that sells the safe that comes apart into sections when you have to move it.

Buckshot
MR D

Post by MR D »

Smith's.....

Zannotti's safes do sound interesting though, just haven't seen theirs yet 8)
"I'd rather be tried by a jury of my peers, than carried by six of my friends..."