Guns are bad, so let me pepper spray myself..

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Guns are bad, so let me pepper spray myself..

Post by bignflnut »

Male soprano running for Congress pepper-sprays himself in support of gun control.
i encourage you to view the video and witness the commitment to propaganda. (who among us would risk our vision for the cause?)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Re: Guns are bad, so let me pepper spray myself..

Post by M-Quigley »

I don't agree with his opinion, but I think it's great that he did this. At least he put his money where his mouth is, as the old saying goes. In fact, I think all anti gunners or anti self defense with a gun types that feel the same way he does should do the same thing (and put it online for all to see) to show solidarity with him. Kind of like the ice bucket challenge or those stupid virtue signaling videos. If a politician or celebrity supports gun control and has bodyguards, proudly order them to only carry pepper spray and spray yourself, to show you don't need a nasty evil gun for protection. :roll:

If they support school staff only being allowed to have mini baseball bats or rocks, some might even hit themselves upside the head if they so desire. (just please state you are anti gun and why you are doing the demonstration on video) I don't recommend doing this because they might lose some brain function, but if they're willing to do this, how much brain function did they start out with in the first place anyway? :roll:
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Pepper spray has a fairly short effective range. It’s damn near contact distance, truth be told. If you’re a teacher and there’s a shooter roaming through the school, guess who has the advantage? Hint: It isn’t you.

SNIP

Pepper spray can be plenty effective, but only when it works by surprise. In other words, someone’s not expecting to get sprayed in the face with a butt-load of Scoville units worth of suck.

School shooters tend to be prepared. They know what they want to do and so they take steps. They plan. They scheme. They prepare.

That means they’ll be well aware of Tillman’s plan to place pepper spray in cabinets in schools. They’d know where those cases are and have an idea of how many there were.

And they’d gear up accordingly.

A pair of goggles will do wonders for keeping it out of the eyes. A safety respirator like the kind you can find at any home improvement store can help with any fumes.

SNIP

If you do get to spray an active shooter in the face with your handy pepper spray, guess what? Contrary to what Tillman’s people think, it doesn’t incapacitate you.

Oh, it’s uncomfortable for most people, and you might not see a thing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create a lot of carnage in the meantime. Spray and pray is still a thing, after all, and that may well be all that is needed to kill the teacher who tried to spray the shooter.

SNIP

Tillman set himself up as an example, but there are real problems with that. For one thing, he was stationary and cooperative with what was about to happen. That meant he took a full blast to the face and continued to sit as still as possible until it was over.

You’re an idiot if you think that’s how it would work in the real world.

Instead, it’ll be like that video from Finland. The spray will go all over the place and the person will keep moving, making it more difficult to hit them. Oh, and since we’re talking about an armed person, guess what happens to the one with the spray? They get shot. Probably a lot.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Teachers might miss a bad guy with a bullet (probably not though) but one spray at a bad guy will incapacitate the entire class of children. Pepper spray doesn't just go straight to the target and nowhere else.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:Teachers might miss a bad guy with a bullet (probably not though) but one spray at a bad guy will incapacitate the entire class of children. Pepper spray doesn't just go straight to the target and nowhere else.
While true, the pepper spray is less likely to kill the children, whereas a teacher with a gun would accidentally shoot and maybe kill a child while trying to stop a mass shooter (according to a school board administrator I heard talk about the possibility of arming teachers ) Not could, but "would" In fact, if I recall correctly, the exact words were "a teacher with a gun would have no chance at all of stopping a mass shooter." :roll:

Even if you change that statement to "could possibly" (which is technically true but has so far never happened in a real life mass shooting) simple logic would suggest that it would be better to have the minute risk of a child or another staff member accidentally being hit than allowing a mass shooter to intentionally fire multiple shots into people, intentionally killing potentially dozens during the minutes it might take for a police or even an SRO response. Also the sooner the murderer is stopped the sooner medical help can start. Many mass shooting victims don't die right after the shooting, but die waiting too long for emergency treatment and transport.

When you have some public school teachers and administrators that are so disconnected from logic and common sense as this, :( it's not surprising more and more people are choosing private or home schooling.