Anti-guns new life

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Anti-guns new life

Post by qmti »

Yes, I'm being very cynical here but look at the anti-gun movement now. Nikolas Cruz is the best thing that has happened for the anti's since Obama. It has breathed new life into their movement. They should nominate Cruz as their poster boy for their campaigns. And Pelosi, Schumer, and Bloomburg are probably smiling from ear to ear behind the curtains.
mrbone

Re: Anti-guns new life

Post by mrbone »

qmti wrote:Yes, I'm being very cynical here but look at the anti-gun movement now. Nikolas Cruz is the best thing that has happened for the anti's since Obama. It has breathed new life into their movement. They should nominate Cruz as their poster boy for their campaigns. And Pelosi, Schumer, and Bloomburg are probably smiling from ear to ear behind the curtains.
Usually the irrational gun ban fervor dies out after a week. This one's lasted two weeks. I just heard that a Moms Demand Action event on the west side of Cleveland tomorrow had to move its venue because 400 people RSVPed. Lots of companies cutting ties with the NRA; I think that's a first. Something feels different about this one.

EDIT: Make that over 2,300 RSVPed to Mom's Demand Action in Rocky River. %2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D]Link. Anyone able to attend and give a report?
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Something is different this time. You can see the emotion in some of the news anchors. Even in some of the Fox News people who are usually at least neutral. I think that we're seeing the result of frustration that the reactions to these events are as predictable as the next event is inevitable. Much blather and no action.

I do believe that there are good people who just want this crap to stop who are being mislead/manipulated by the gun grabber crowd.

On the positive side, there seems to be a lot of serious discussion about armed faculty and staff in schools. I just wish they would back off from the retired LEO/retired military narrative as "qualified" to carry in schools. That is getting uncomfortably close to creating an elite class with special privileges.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
wls

Post by wls »

While I don’t want to imply the Left celebrates these mass shootings, the shootings do fit their need. The Left will not be happy until all guns are banned, we all know that, but if the mass shooting problem is solved the Left looses a platform to use against us. As long as there are “issues” with guns, the Left has a platform. When those problems are solved their platform goes away. So basically, the Left needs shootings to keep their agenda alive.

Please don’t take this as me saying the Left is okay with our children being killed, I don’t believe they are that callous, but as long as it happens they have something to use to push their total ban agenda. It’s a sad situation, but the Left is not going to readily accept any “common sense” solution to solve this problem......they only want a total gun ban and won’t stop until they get one.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WestonDon wrote: On the positive side, there seems to be a lot of serious discussion about armed faculty and staff in schools. I just wish they would back off from the retired LEO/retired military narrative as "qualified" to carry in schools. That is getting uncomfortably close to creating an elite class with special privileges.
As someone who is former LE, former military, and a former school security officer, I totally agree with what you said. Although I have some past experience, I would still need to get updated specific training, like FASTER, to do that job today. Also, it doesn't mean that someone who doesn't have military or LE experience wouldn't be qualified to take that training either, and do that job just as well, or even better. It all depends on the person.

If there is anyone out there that thinks that only former LE or former military are the only ones that should be allowed to train for school security, well I know of someone with many years of experience in that field. He might be available, as he recently retired from the Broward County Sheriffs dept. :roll: