Police investigating letter critical of anti hate sign

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Police investigating letter critical of anti hate sign

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/anonymo ... Z3U1hqlvO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MEDINA, Ohio — An Ohio small business owner says a small sign promoting empathy and kindness he put in his window has prompted an anonymous letter criticizing him for his "political views."

Thomas Flood owns the Medina Family Practice and Wellness Center in northeastern Ohio, where he treats minor illnesses and provides student physicals. He told the Plain Dealer that he put up a sign reading "Hate has no home here," when he opened his business in July.

Flood says he received an anonymous letter about the sign earlier this month, supposedly from a coach who said he's refusing to send athletes to the business over the "political sign."
Okay, whatever, but here's the strange part.
Police Chief David Arbogast says police are investigating.
Here is a pic of the alleged letter. I posted a pic because I couldn't at this time find the text by itself.

The last sentence mentions something about how this will cost them but it appears to be a reference to them not being referred for business, not some physical threat. It allegedly says "This will cost you in this community." Not sure how this warrants a police investigation.
M-Quigley

Re: Police investigating letter critical of anti hate sign

Post by M-Quigley »

Sorry, finally found a complete source, including the photo of the letter that isn't cut off.

http://www.medina-gazette.com/News/2018 ... ssage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After discussing the incident with his cousin, Flood said he decided to contact the Medina Township police to file a report regarding the incident.

“I assume the threat is financial but at the end of the day I don’t know,” Flood said. “(The police) took it down, it didn’t rise to the level of a criminal offense, but it is noted.”
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

This is an image of the same sign...

"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

"Officer, arrest that man! He disagreed with me!"
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I would put up a new sign with a note that this is for the anonymous coach who sent me a threatening letter: This is for you and you only. HATE HAS A HOME HERE. STOP BY ANYTIME WITH YOUR ATHLETES.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

gilly32 wrote:This is an image of the same sign...

If I read the story correctly, the sign was put up in the middle of the summer, and someone just now allegedly sent a letter about it? :?: