The Gun Shop in Parma

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

The Gun Shop in Parma

Post by deanimator »

Anybody remember The Gun Shop on Pearl Rd. in Parma?

They had some interesting stuff, but over time started doing more bs'ing with each other than dealing with customers. I heard they got shut down for repeated paperwork violations.

I was looking at tactical shotguns Friday night, and Remington's website still shows them as a dealer. :roll:
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: The Gun Shop in Parma

Post by djmac1964 »

Are you talking about the one that used to be in the plaza, south of York rd. About a block or so from Yorktown lanes? If so that one has been shut down for years. The only other one I know of on Pearl was B&T, but I'm not sure if they are still open or not. Haven't been by there in a couple of years.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

djmac1964 wrote:Are you talking about the one that used to be in the plaza, south of York rd. About a block or so from Yorktown lanes? If so that one has been shut down for years. The only other one I know of on Pearl was B&T, but I'm not sure if they are still open or not. Haven't been by there in a couple of years.
Yes, the first one. It was next door to (and associated with?) an angler's shop.

I was astonished that Remington still cited them as a dealer when they've been out of business for so long.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Yes, It's been at least 10-12 years if I remember correctly.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

djmac1964 wrote:Yes, It's been at least 10-12 years if I remember correctly.
I noticed today that they also list MC Sports as a local dealer. :roll:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

deanimator wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:Yes, It's been at least 10-12 years if I remember correctly.
I noticed today that they also list MC Sports as a local dealer. :roll:
Remington just may be a little distracted by their own problems these days, to worry about updating the retailer list. Was that last Christmas season, when Point Blank had the sale/mail in rebate on the Remington .380 pistol, with a final cost of $100? Desperation time!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Remington just may be a little distracted by their own problems these days, to worry about updating the retailer list. Was that last Christmas season, when Point Blank had the sale/mail in rebate on the Remington .380 pistol, with a final cost of $100? Desperation time!
  1. If they're still listing the Gun Shop, they've been having problems for a WHILE.
  2. They took an elegant design and made it look like a prop from "Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars".