Good Ole Mayor Wade

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Good Ole Mayor Wade

Post by screwman »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... PbPvjiCy7b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I kinda hope he gets no contracts.

During a news conference Tuesday, the mayor announced that the city would begin entering into contracts only with “responsible” gun companies, which will be determined by six survey questions that will be submitted to companies before any contracts are established.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Bruenor

Re: Good Ole Mayor Wade

Post by Bruenor »

● Do you manufacture assault weapons for civilian use?
Not after 1986 we don't.

● Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?
Not after 1986 we don't.

● Which firearms does your company agree to not sell to civilians?
newly manufactured automatic firearms, that are prohibited from private sale due to the FOPA of '86

● Do you require your dealers to conduct background checks?
Background checks are required for all sales from a federally license manufacturer or dealer

● Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition-tracing technologies?
no, because these technologies are not currently viable.

● Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?
Required by federal law, audited by the BATFE.

Does he actually expect any firearms manufacturer to admit violating federal laws ? and more importantly, do I get the contract ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Bruenor wrote:Does he actually expect any firearms manufacturer to admit violating federal laws ? and more importantly, do I get the contract ?
Gun companies should no longer sell guns to the government.

That's right...I support common sense gun control. 8) :lol:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

From the article,

''Toledo police Chief George Kral said he agreed with the policy.''

Well! There it is then. Two persons agree on the same thing it HAS to be true especially if its at the latest flat earth convention
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

You gotta understand his constituency. When you do this makes perfect sense.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

It all depends on the definitions used. Of course, we want to use the proper definition of "assault rifle".

In his realm, he is using the term "assault weapon", which probably means any object capable of being used as a weapon in an assault. Rocks, hammers, jack handles, all fall under his definition. IIRC, one judge even ruled that a car was an assault weapon. I guess that eliminates Ford and Chevy.

"Civilians" is another word of confusion. Some dictionaries say "civilian" is anyone not in the military. Other dictionaries include police and fire as "non civilians". So he may be asking that assault rifles not be sold to police. That sounds reasonable to me. Oh wait, did he mean rocks and hammers too?
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

A few years back, Ford Motor Company was sued by numerous government agencies claiming the Crown Victoria's had unsafe fuel tanks.
Seems being parked on the side of the road and getting hit by 80,000 lbs moving 70mph should not result in a fire according to the plantiff's.(despite FMV standards specifying survivability only up to 35mph)
Anyhow, imagine the surprise of some police chiefs having their vehicle orders cancelled by FMC, due to their cities/county/state being party to the suit.
Ford flat out refused to sell them anymore vehicles.