not sure where this belongs, just wanted to add something

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

not sure where this belongs, just wanted to add something

Post by Dave44142 »

Nothing happen today, no encounter at all, just went to a neighborhood restaurant for breakfast, a place i have been to in the past several times. But today when i went in i had a choice of many tables, i choose one with a view of the entrance and my back near a wall. I thought this was a good place and i began to think what if? all that bad stuff going on in the news lately, and i kind thought be good idea to look for an emergency exit if needed... i found a nice exit sign in plain view that i have not noticed in the past, if i did need to make a fast retreat to be a good witness. Then i thought it may be a good idea to look for a safe place just in case i could not make it that far....Wow, i found a L shape wing wall not 7 feet from my table, just in case i need it ..and i begin to think if everyone took time to look for a good seat with a view, an exit and a nice barricade to hide behind or a good place to fire from, it may make for a safer visit, and then it was time to begin to attack my eggs and ham....*smile*
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: not sure where this belongs, just wanted to add somethin

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Dude..we eat bacon with our eggs on this Forum.. :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Ham? What are you? Canadian?

If everyone followed your lead and thoughts, it woudl get crowded behind that L wall. Then you'll be safe behind the people who frequent the buffet table.

But good thinking on your part.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This topic would be most appropriate in Tactics & Training. Fine by me to leave it here though, just not much traffic in the Testing Arena.

Always a good thing to be aware of one's surroundings. Fast food places can be the worst, with entry doors on several sides, and the exterior walls just panes of glass.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

My first civilian job after getting out of the Navy and my first wife leaving was with Dupont as an field service rep. installing and repairing laboratory instruments.
The guy that was training me after a month or so made a point of asking me why, every time we went into a restaurant I would take the side of the table closest to the wall and sit with my back to it. (the wall that is).
He asked if it was my military training.
I had to think about it because the behavior was automatic.
No, it wasn't military training.
My first wife is/was 80% involved with cerebral palsy and walked with crutches or if out shopping or eating would use a wheelchair.
With the wheelchair she always was placed on the outer side of the table and I would have to sit against the wall.
After seven years of marriage it was an ingrained habit.

I still sit with my back to a wall but have a more tactical reason.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Some what related is this quote by Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis:
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gen-james- ... le-quotes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Moved to Kirchner's Korner. This sub forum is more for casual discussion of various topics. Seemed to be the correct place for this discussion. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

Cruiser wrote:Some what related is this quote by Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis:
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gen-james- ... le-quotes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This is my most favorite quote. i just got to love Gen. Mattis. what a great leader. When i first became aware of this quote i thought ,
this was fantastic but i can't believe someone would put it in print....
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!