Question about Trump using the military at the border

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

welshj

Re: Question about Trump using the military at the border

Post by welshj »

WestonDon wrote:I keep hearing that using the military on the border is unconstitutional.
My immediate response to that would be that US Constitutional rights only apply to those INSIDE the borders... legally.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

rouger10 wrote:The Israeli's have been dealing with constant protests and mob violence for years. Here is one of their solutions. And I think it is a wonderful solution to our own "caravan" problem !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_(weapon)

Roger
The more I read about that, the better I like it! And if we don't already have those "Skunkwagons" here, Israel is an easy partner for us to trade with. Some fighter plane spare parts go their way, we get those spray cannons.

They did have one controlled test of the "Skunk" that failed: A group of people from India, presumably impoverished folk, volunteered to be sprayed. Apparently their everyday living conditions had made them almost immune to the rotting flesh smells.

It's sort of akin to how folks who eat lots and lots of spicy food, are not slways affected by pepper spray too much.

Still, this Israeli gizmo sounds promising.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

A large group planning to cross our border carrying a foreign flag is not asylum seekers, it is a foreign invasion and needs to be handled the same way we would have handled Germans landing on our shores in 1943.

Of course, an alternate to shooting is to capture them and put them i POW camps.

How it plays out probably depends on who links first. If they believe Trump is serious, they will not breach the border. If they think he will back down, then the border will be wiped out.

The president does not control and cannot use National Guard unless they have been Federalized. Federalizing the Guard puts them on the same level as US Army troops. Until they are federalized, they are under the control of their individual state governors.

Ken
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Allegedly Trumps tough talk have had at least some positive effect on the caravan.

https://www.whio.com/news/world/are-not ... j1JCXWxyJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trump administration's vehement opposition and tough rhetoric has at least some in the caravan weighing alternatives.

Tifany Morandis, 19, was traveling with her husband, 28-year-old Javier Sanchez, and their two sons, 7-year-old Angel and 9-month-old Cesar. Her nose and face sun-scorched after many days on the road, she said she was very tired and is considering stopping in Tijuana, the Mexican border city across from San Diego.

"Donald Trump has made things very complicated at the border, and better that we stay in Tijuana than fight with him," Morandis said.
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

Skunk Them,Skunk Them All. :mrgreen:
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Tifany Morandis, 19, was traveling with her husband, 28-year-old Javier Sanchez, and their two sons, 7-year-old Angel and 9-month-old Cesar.
Not judging, but how old was she when Tifany had Angel? Or should we think of step-child?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George