Illegal mob road blocks, the left inciting violence, Antifa

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Illegal mob road blocks, the left inciting violence, Antifa

Post by ArmedAviator »

I've seen a number of videos on YouTube lately of Antifa and similar crazed lunatics blocking traffic, inciting violence, blocking people from getting home, to work, etc.

What are your thoughts should it happen to you?

I live in Dayton, I commute once or twice a week to work through downtown on I75. I can take back roads, adding only a few minutes to my commute, but parts of I75 through downtown is a bridge with no turn arounds and no exits. If I'm in the middle or the back, oh well, nothing I can do. But if I'm at the front and these people get rowdy....I'm of the mind set that it's illegal improseonment (detainment?). They're ILLEGALLY preventing me from where I need or even want to be. I don't believe in harming if need be, but cruising through a blockade at near idle may be warranted. But the first swing to my windows......the go pedal goes to the floor to evade the threat of serial physical harm.

I've started carrying a second gun in the glove box with atleast 2 spare magazines at all times in my car. With Hillary and Mad Max calling for Democrats to acost us, I'm leaving home a little more prepared every day. This seriously makes me want to make another AR pistol for permanent car duty - and because I want another AR pistol.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Illegal mob road blocks, the left inciting violence, Ant

Post by Aesinsp »

I'm glad this was brought up. I've also had similar thoughts of the illegal imprisonment(aka kidnapping?) - keeping people against their will.
Clearly, I don't want to unjustifiably cause harm to anyone.. But where is the legal line of what one CAN do in the avoidance/exit of this very possibly dangerous situation?
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Here are 2 takes
Surviving Mob Attacks on Your Vehicle | Active Response Training
http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/s ... ur-vehicle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What Should You Do If Protestors Surround Your Car? - USCCA
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/protes ... round-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMO be very careful about even lightly bumping someone with your car. You might think of it as a light bump but that could still be easily characterized as vehicular assault. Your best bet is to keep your eyes open and be aware of what's going on, and as soon as possible avoid the situation, including driving along the berm and doing a u-turn if necessary. Sure that's illegal - but it's not as serious as vehicular assault and not as likely to escalate into worse violence.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

No doubt intentionally hitting someone with a car is vehicular assult. But, the law and moral judgement allows us to defend ourselves.

My take on it (and IANAL) is as such:

Somebody is not legally stopping traffic. The only route of escape is through the mob/protestors. If there is not much threat, alright I'll stay put and call the cops. If they start striking the car/windows/make threats, I am defending myself with any means necessary. Does that mean plow through the crowd? Not necissarily. I'll start moving slowly, giving time for survival insticts to kick in. But as soon as violence erupts, the asps come out and start hitting the car, well now I can easily articulate the need for self defense. As mentioned, if the only way out is through, than so be it. The mob is to be treated as one entity. Injuries may occur, but better them than me and mine. In the eyes of Ohio statute, it is still an illegal act on my part, but it may be warranted as self defense.

Of course, whatever you do, it will be up to the opinion of the police, the prosecutor, and the jury.

I wanted to bring this up, because it is such a gray area and it's happening more and more often in less and less major liberal hubs of lunacy. I think it's worth talking about to prepare your mindset and consider the options both ways before lying down and taking a beating or running through a bunch of people.

Here's a situation from NYC 2015 with the Hollywood Stunts biker gang. Many of you may remember this video. The driver of the SUV was not charged, but he was also eventually dragged out of the car and beaten and slashed.
TDwin
marca

Post by marca »

The first one that breaks a window will be rewarded with a 9mm response.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

marca wrote:The first one that breaks a window will be rewarded with a 9mm response.
That is easily defendable. Unfortunately, what happens then if 100 antifa's rush your car? How do you get out of that predicament?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Javelin Man wrote:
marca wrote:The first one that breaks a window will be rewarded with a 9mm response.
That is easily defendable. Unfortunately, what happens then if 100 antifa's rush your car? How do you get out of that predicament?
Good question, my econo-commuting car doesn't have enough ground clearance to drive over them..
tagging thread to follow.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
marca

Post by marca »

I have a spare 33 round magazine and 4wd with plenty of ground clearance. I don't think many will fail to scatter.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Bruenor wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:
Good question, my econo-commuting car doesn't have enough ground clearance to drive over them..
tagging thread to follow.

Thi is my concern. My spirts sedan has 4wd which will make good traction of faces, but the front bumper has less than a foot of clearance. Hopefully they would generally jump on the hood and roll off mostly unharmed, leaving you free to escape. Don't worry about vehicle damage - they call the police and end up ratting themselves out with video. You'll know who to collect from.
TDwin
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I don't think it is humanly possible to stop a car, even a small one, with people. If you get a couple people UNDER a car, I promise you that the rest will move.

You may need a car wash.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:
When the first shot is fire they will all run like the cowardly rats that they are.
jmo :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Sevens wrote:I don't think it is humanly possible to stop a car, even a small one, with people. If you get a couple people UNDER a car, I promise you that the rest will move.

You may need a car wash.
You're just not thinking big enough. Three or four strong men can flip a small car over. Once you get one drive wheel off the ground no more movement because limited slip differentials just are not a thing on fwd commuter cars.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

evan price wrote:
Sevens wrote:I don't think it is humanly possible to stop a car, even a small one, with people. If you get a couple people UNDER a car, I promise you that the rest will move.

You may need a car wash.
You're just not thinking big enough. Three or four strong men can flip a small car over. Once you get one drive wheel off the ground no more movement because limited slip differentials just are not a thing on fwd commuter cars.
My thoughts exactly.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

My father carried a shotgun in his car to protect himself from Klan attacks while he was working TVA camps in the '30s. I'm certainly not going to let myself be harmed by their ideological mirror image.

I will protect myself by any means necessary including some combination of running over and shooting.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.