Elizibeth Warren finally accepts Trump DNA challenge

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Elizibeth Warren finally accepts Trump DNA challenge

Post by M-Quigley »

and of course she now wants a Native American charity to get a million dollars. Of course it'll be Trump taking the tax write off not her. :) He should've specified that it would be whatever percentage she is of being a Native American. She has at least one family member that was a Native American somewhere between 6 and 10 generations ago. So does probably my family or any family that's been in the US for any long period of time. If I took a DNA test I'm probably more Native American than she is. :roll:

https://700wlw.iheart.com/content/2018- ... -american/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if her great-great-great grandmother was Native American that would make her 1/32 Native American, but if her relatives were from ten generations ago, it would mean that she is only 1/512 Native American.
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Elizibeth Warren finally accepts Trump DNA challenge

Post by JimE »

And the Native Americans are impressed......
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cherok ... itizenship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Here's an interesting bit that seems to be getting lost, probably because it's a scientific detail:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181015103 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
etecting DNA for Native Americans is particularly tricky because there is an absence of Native American DNA available for comparison. This is in part because Native American leaders have asked tribal members not to participate in genetic databases.

“The tribes have felt they have been exploited,” explained Lawrence Brody, a senior investigator with the Medical Genomics and Metabolic Genetics Branch at the National Institutes of Health. “The amount of genetic data that is available from Native Americans is sparse.”

To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Straight about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south. His report explained that the use of reference populations whose genetic material has been fully sequenced was designed “for maximal accuracy.”
I'm not questioning the scientific validity of doing what he did - I understand it - but he didn't show that Warren has a Native American ancestor. He showed that she has an ancestor who may be Native American, or may belong to one of the other populations that originally came here via the Bering Straight (ex: Mexican).
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The articles I saw pointed out she didn’t use it to help her career, she said. That’s pretty rich to anyone who understands EEOC and the academic identity politics. She was listed as Native American in various Harvard forms etc for a decade or so.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Mr. Glock wrote:The articles I saw pointed out she didn’t use it to help her career, she said. That’s pretty rich to anyone who understands EEOC and the academic identity politics. She was listed as Native American in various Harvard forms etc for a decade or so.
She's a flake, i hope she runs for potus for the demon rats. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I've probably got more Indian AND Mongolian in me than she has Indian. I've got her beat by AT LEAST six generations.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.