Trump signs bills banning pharmacy 'gag clauses'

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Trump signs bills banning pharmacy 'gag clauses'

Post by AlanM »

Totally NOT gun related, but this relates to me personally.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ag-clauses
President Trump has signed two bills into law to block insurers from enforcing “gag clauses” that forbid pharmacies from telling customers about how they can pay less for drugs.

The Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act and the Know the Lowest Price Act are intended to help patients find out whether a prescription would cost less if they were to pay for it out of pocket rather than through their health plans.

“Our great citizen deserve to know the lowest prices available at our pharmacies and now that is what they are getting,” Trump said at the White House.
I've been having kidney problems the last few years. Lots of stones and low function.
About 6 months ago my nephrologist prescribed sodium bicarbonate tablets to be taken 1 three times a day and it was filled by the hospital pharmacy before I was released.
This was to increase my blood pH.
Later she told be to increase to 3 tablets three times a day but that was later.

Anyway, I happened to be at my Kroger pharmacy and I asked the pharmacist what it was going to cost me to get 270 tablets (90 days at 3 a day). She answered $47. My eyes bugged out. WTH!!!!
I got on the internet and found I could buy the same tablets, OTC, in a 1000 tablet bottle for just over $22.
That's 111 days worth at 9 a day.
I'm into my second bottle of a thousand.

BTW the bottle I get in the mail is the EXACT same bottle of tablets that in on my pharmacist's shelf that she dispenses from.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.