New shooter in the making

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

New shooter in the making

Post by JediSkipdogg »

On Tuesday, August 7 at 11:46 am I welcomed a new future shooter into the world. Adaliene decided she wanted to come 6 days prior to her scheduled C-section. The Misses isn't complaining to much.

This is exciting to me as on July 26th the Warren County courts granted me the adoption of my then step daughter. So now we are a complete family.

Sorry I missed everyone at Party in the Park and haven't been active on here a lot, but it was all for good reasons.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JediSkipdogg

Re: New shooter in the making

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Too pull this from another thread...
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Hope everything went well and mom and the little one are in good health, Kevin.

Congrats and all, but now to the important stuff.....who's get'in up at 2:00 am to change that diaper and fix that bottle ? :P
We have actually made good teamwork at it. I stayed up the other night till 3 am cluster feeding her. Luckily last night it was only till 1 am. I'm a night person so it really didn't bother me that much. We are trying to transition her from her night owl so hopefully once I return to work she'll sleep through most of the night. Poor mom though has to pump every few hours. So as long as she pumps enough, she gets to sleep through the night feedings.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Jedi:

Congratulations!

My baby is 32 and a half. She got herself into a swimming class at about age 2, and noticed that a lot of the younger kids were wearing diapers, too. "Mommie, no more didies!" and about a week later, I got a new hobby :D ....

Becka was adopted at about two weeks old. Usual "figure on every two hours".... Well, we gave her a bottle about 0200 and all went to bed. About 0600 I woke up and realized that I'd not gotten up with Sherri at 0400. Sherri had the same apology for me! The little one had slept through it....

Getting her to bed before 0300 was interesting for a couple of years, but this more or less continued until she was old enough to climb out of bed and warm her own bottles ( :D ).

(She came down with something or other one week, and went to bed about 2030. Sherri and I didn't know what to do with ourselves that night.)

Somewhere along the line I realized that she was an adult. Sitting in front of the TV when she came into the family room and asked me to carry her TV to her car.... "What for?" She was moving to Columbus to start College "today".... Who picked "Cougars" for Columbus State? :)

Anyway, we've all got advice and anecdotes for you. Just tell us where the line starts :D.... Enjoy! They seem to go from diapers to borrowing the car when you're not looking. But it's a hell of a ride.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Jedi!!! :D
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Congratulations ! Both for the birth of your little sweetie, and the adoption of your older daughter.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Congratulations!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Congratulations! Our third and final one just graduated from high school this spring. Just wait till the new one starts crawling. hehehe
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

CONGRATULATIONS!!
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/