Tourist Fun in Cincinnati?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Tourist Fun in Cincinnati?

Post by Sevens »

The lady and I want to do a fun Saturday for two in Cincy, the last item will be a Reds home game for a 6pm-ish start.

A little digging around makes it sound like Carew Tower is worth checking out. Opinions? We aren't interested in the Newport Aquarium (seen it already!) but it sure would be nice if we could park somewhere safely that gives us fun options that also has us close enough to the ballpark for the baseball game.

There used to be a riverboat down there... is that still around? Any interesting attractions within walking distance of the park? We both love to walk and can do a little distance if needed, but as the carry gun won't be allowed inside the baseball game, we'd sure love the car to be very near.

Life would be easier if they simply allowed LAC's to carry wherever.

Anyway... Cincy fun suggestions needed please!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Re: Tourist Fun in Cincinnati?

Post by Brian D. »

THIS Saturday? There's a large music festival being held at Paul Brown Stadium, will be a lot of foot and vehicle traffic downtown in general.

Between PBS and the Reds stadium is The Banks, a collection of eateries and such. Also close is a new park along the river, mostly a place to take kids.

Carew Tower observation deck is a good call. Bring small bills, admission is $4 and cash only. Have quarters for the telescopes. The whole building is an Art Deco masterpiece.

Also, consider a side trip to Covington and/or Newport Kentucky. If you don't want to drive over, use the South Bank Shuttle Bus, for a buck per person per ride.

Ignore the Cincinnati Bell Connector streetcar, it only makes a short loop through downtown and (partly) gentrified Over the Rhine.

More later..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Check out the websites for Queen City Riverboats, and BB Riverboats. Both offer various length cruises.

********************************************************************************
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Two places that I have not seen but am interested in going to are the Cincinnati Fire Museum and the Greater Cincinnati Police Museum. I've heard both are pretty cool if you are into local fire and police history. They might be a little further to walk, but if the weather is decent, not that bad of a walk.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay, so how did it go today?

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Today was a great day! We took the information to heart and we decided that a day in Cincinnati would be better enjoyed when the music fest was not going in! ;) We instead headed to lovely Dayton, where we hiked five miles on a path out of Eastwood Metro Park, had a picnic lunch on a blanket in that park, then juat a mile or two away to the United States Air Force Museum at WPAFB (what a fantastic place... and absolutely free) and then just a zip down the road for a ballgame at Fifth Third Field where the Dayton Dragons gave 'em hell but fell 5-4 to the Lansing Lugnuts. Ha, gotta love that name.

We will still be doing a day trip to the Queen City one day!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Cincinnati underground is pretty neat wife an I did it a few years ago'
https://www.americanlegacytours.com/que ... derground/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

If you have never been to a Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen before, Plan on it next trip to Cincin. On 275 not far off 75 - https://pappadeaux.com/location/42. Sweetie and I went to the one in Arlington Tx, and Wow. Just great food. The fried gator is good. Really good.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

The Fire and the Police museums might be quite interesting and that Cincinnati Underground sounds quite intriguing! Apologies however techmike, neither of us has any taste for seafood whatsoever.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

I don't think fried Gator qualifies as seafood....... more like swamp food. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

BEAR! wrote:I don't think fried Gator qualifies as seafood....... more like swamp food. :mrgreen:
And it's fried. :D
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788