"Christmas in July", Put-in-Bay?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

"Christmas in July", Put-in-Bay?

Post by Brian D. »

I'm seeing video of fights on the ferry boats as well as out on the island. And of course, carry is prohibited on the boats.

Glad I took trips out there when things were more civilized. Probably won't go back.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: "Christmas in July", Put-in-Bay?

Post by Javelin Man »

I just went there last week with the family and we drove around in the Rambler convertible. :)

No signs of fights anywhere, just very, very slow golf carts.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It sounds like there is a problem related to out-of-towners being bused in from Detroit and other urban centers during whatever weekend this falls on. Or perhaps on other weekends too, not sure.

********************************************************************************
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:It sounds like there is a problem related to out-of-towners being bused in from Detroit and other urban centers during whatever weekend this falls on. Or perhaps on other weekends too, not sure.
Put-in-Bay and Kelley's Island used to be nice places to go until they became "in." We used to go there often and just ride our bikes around the islands for a couple of days, leaving the car at the motel. Last time I was up there, there were a bunch of yuppie bars and things were going downhill. Haven't been back for quite a few years now.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Put in bay's been a party spot as long as I've been alive. In the 70's we were there most every weekend. One year, I'm guessin', 78 or 79,we drove over in the winter, had 2 beers at the skyway and drove home.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:I'm seeing video of fights on the ferry boats as well as out on the island. And of course, carry is prohibited on the boats.

Glad I took trips out there when things were more civilized. Probably won't go back.
My son in law was there and said he would NEVER EVER go on that weekend again it was that bad of a crowd.
A lot of drug use in plain sight, also large numbers of possible gang members and not a family friendly event.
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yeah Steve, that's what I'd been reading, more or less. I don't expect to physically attacked by a group of people if I accidentally bump into one of them on the boat, or a sidewalk on the island. Pretty sure the bad guys who are illegally armed elsewhere, wouldn't care about the gun prohibition on the ferry.

I know Put-In-Bay has a PD, but whether they could handle a bunch of true thug types is sort of doubtful in my mind. And backup from elsewhere would be a little slow.

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:Yeah Steve, that's what I'd been reading, more or less. I don't expect to physically attacked by a group of people if I accidentally bump into one of them on the boat, or a sidewalk on the island. Pretty sure the bad guys who are illegally armed elsewhere, wouldn't care about the gun prohibition on the ferry.

I know Put-In-Bay has a PD, but whether they could handle a bunch of true thug types is sort of doubtful in my mind. And backup from elsewhere would be a little slow.
A loop hole may exist in that if you take your vehicle on the ferry a gun can be unloaded and locked in the trunk, just rearm on the island.
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That plan is probably lawful, but of limited use while on the ferry.