Not gun related - is it possible to sue the phone company?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Re: Not gun related - is it possible to sue the phone compan

Post by AlanM »

Javelin Man wrote:Now that they've fixed your problem, they're scheduled to come to my place Monday morning.
Good luck!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Not gun related - is it possible to sue the phone compan

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I feel your pain and despise Century Link. They are the only internet provider I can get at my house without going to Satellite or spending a fortune on Spectrum install coming up my driveway. When I first bought my house it took 3 service calls to get my Internet working. I was told on the first one it was good to go. Got my stuff in the mail, plugged it in, and nope, no Internet. Guy came out, and the wires DSL travels down were not hooked up. Ok, that can happen. It works for about a week then nothing. Call again, guy comes out and is puzzled because he has nothing in the house but has it outside. He says he'll get back to me. Calls me a few days later and says they blew equipment at the office.

Now to add the humor. We pay for 10 mbs and get about 7 mbs max, sometimes worse during heavy use times. We probably average about 3-4 mbs. When my 12 month special came up I called to complain. I complained that I could get 30 mbs from Spectrum for what I'm paying for their 10 (not telling her that I had a $4000 install quote from Spectrum.) She said I could go up to 20 if I wanted. I was like, heck yeah. She told me there would be another $45 a month charge for the second modem. She claimed I could have two modems on my line and they would both operate at top speed. Sorry, not paying another $45 a month to attempt to figure that one out.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.