Donations lost?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tracker1

Donations lost?

Post by tracker1 »

I had sent a couple of checks for donations a month or more ago and still haven't seen them cashed. I was a little put off with having to send them to Michigan but was told it as for cheaper processing. I had return addresses on both envelopes.
Is this how long it usually takes to process donations sent to Michigan for OFCC?
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
JediSkipdogg

Re: Donations lost?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'm looking in to it to see what's up. Will update when I find something out. Very disheartening to me as well.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Please send me details via PM
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Doug and I just checked the checks received in the mailbox for July and it appears they were correctly sent to PNC Bank on the 26th and that the bank credited OFCC with the deposits on on the 27th. The same process has been used for the last two years at least so I am at a complete loss as to what may have happened to certain checks.

Unfortunately, the mailbox log does not list the names or the values of individual checks, nor does the bank statement show individual checks, only total deposits for a day, so I cannot go back and determine whether a specific check was forwarded.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

You know you can download an app for a smart phone from PNC that will allow you to just take a picture of both sides of a check (endorsed for deposit only) and deposit it to your PNC account electronically.
That way you can keep the real checks (marking them deposited once they show up in your account) for your records.

Where I live the is NO PNC presence so that's how my daughter deposits checks for me to my PNC account.
Saves me stamps and it's pretty much instantaneous.

( I don't happen to have a smart phone.)
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:You know you can download an app for a smart phone from PNC that will allow you to just take a picture of both sides of a check (endorsed for deposit only) and deposit it to your PNC account electronically.
That way you can keep the real checks (marking them deposited once they show up in your account) for your records.

Where I live the is NO PNC presence so that's how my daughter deposits checks for me to my PNC account.
Saves me stamps and it's pretty much instantaneous.

( I don't happen to have a smart phone.)
Unfortunately, that is not an option with the virtual mailbox setup. However, I am now downloading copies of the checks before forwarding them to the bank for deposit, so we will have a tracking record from here on.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Morne checked the bank online records and the checks received in July were apparently deposited so they should have cleared properly for the contributors.

I don't know any way we can review status of the older apparently lost checks. Again, I am making a record of each check sent to the mailbox now and will continue doing so for quite a while in case an issue again arises.
-- Mike