Happy Independence Day (at the range with friends)

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Happy Independence Day (at the range with friends)

Post by Bruenor »

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did celebrating Independence Day today. Went to the range with some friends and made the sounds of freedom, some of them suppressed.

This is Dick, one of my friends from the Gun Club, I'm always amazed at his targets and I managed to get a picture of him today with one. I hope I can still shoot as well as he does if I ever make it to 89 years old.
He was shooting a factory original, Tikka T3 Rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, with a Nikon scope. We finally got this old Swede away from his 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser's which he shoots just as well with Iron sights. Since he can use the same bullets in his reloading he finally decided to adopt another caliber.... the 6.5 Creedmoor. I always get a chuckle out of on of his favorite shirts. "American made with Swedish Parts". Betcha can't guess his heritage :)

Friends, firearms, and freedom. Happy Independence day.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Happy Independence Day (at the range with friends)

Post by TSiWRX »

Awesome! 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio