A European Attorney's warning to the US

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

A European Attorney's warning to the US

Post by AlanM »

There is a post on Quora.com that is basically an open letter to the citizens of the US concerning our current national debate over gun control and our Second Amendment.

The post is by a lady named Robin McCann and quotes a Mr. L. Toth who she says granted her permission to post.
I contacted Mr. Toth to get permission to post his letter with his copyright notice, of course, and he refused.

SIGH!

Anyway, the original Quora question was:
Why do some "pro gun" Americans think "when a criminal strikes I might not have time to wait for the police" is a reasonable argument against gun control and not just another issue that needs addressing drastically?
Here is a link to Robin McCann's answer which contains L. Toth's letter.

Here's the intro of Robin's post:
For all of you Libtards hell bent on Gun Control thinking that the US should model EU’s gun control policy. Please humor me and read the following:

Here’s the perspective of a man from Europe, a lawyer, L. Toth expressing the scary reality of what gun control really is.

PLEASE READ! All credit and rights to this writing solely belongs Mr. L. Toth and may not be shared or redistributed without permission, who live where gun control exists.
Mr. Toth's letter is a little long, but IMHO, well worth the read and provides another prospective on the gun control debate.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.