Tragedy strikes in kentucky

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Tragedy strikes in kentucky

Post by Bruenor »

I'm not a bourbon drinker. but this is still pretty tragic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/us/thous ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pardon bourbon lovers for crying in their beer after half of the barrels being aged at a Kentucky distillery building fell to the ground when part of the structure collapsed.

About 9,000 stacked bourbon barrels plummeted to the ground Friday at Barton 1792 Distillery, home of the brand 1792 Bourbon.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Re: Tragedy strikes in kentucky

Post by Brian D. »

The bourbon makers in Kentucky will pitch in to help out Barton. They have a long history of such cooperation. At the annual Bourbonfest, the CEOs sit at the same table and drink together.

Hard to imagine that with competitors of most other industries.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Tragedy strikes in kentucky

Post by Javelin Man »

I sniffled a little when I heard about this. I enjoy Heaven Hill bourbon bottled in Bardstown. One of their warehouses went up in flames in 1996 after a lightning strike and the flow of burning bourbon went to the next warehouse and then the next. Two percent of the world's whiskey supply went up in flame that night. :cry:

At the annual Bourbonfest, the CEOs sit at the same table and drink together.

Hard to imagine that with competitors of most other industries.
The CEOs of Budweiser, Coors, Killian's, and Guinness walk into a bar....
...and the bartender takes orders. The CEO of Budweiser says "I'll take a Bud Light. It's crisp, refreshing, and doesn't hurt the budget!"

The bartender moves down the line. The CEO of Coors says "I'll take a Coors light. It's colder, even more refreshing, and won't give you a beer gut!"

The bartender moves down the line. The CEO of Killian's says "These guys are amateurs, give me a Killian's Irish Red. It's smooth, flavorful, and distinct!"

The bartender moves down the line. The CEO of Guinness says "I'll have a water."

The others give a confused look. The bartender says "but... why aren't you ordering a beer?"

He responds, "well, nobody else did."
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George