Fund raising for kids activity ideas

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Fund raising for kids activity ideas

Post by evan price »

Hi all. My son's Destination Imagination team was selected to go to Global Challenge in Tennessee. We were an alternate and didn't find out until today that we would go, so we need to fund raise ASAP.
Any ideas for things we can do are appreciated, thanks.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
westsidebestside

Re: Fund raising for kids activity ideas

Post by westsidebestside »

AR-15 raffle
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I've got three hundred dollars of Cabela's cards to raffle.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Some new item that appeals heavily to kids? An AR raffle only appeals to adults, Cabelas is a good :idea: but limited to same. If its the newest-latest-greatest toy or gadget, the kids will bug Mom & Dad, Mom & Dad will buy XYZ vs. spend on themselves. What that latest gizmo is I do not know.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Could try Pizza Hut, they have a program to help raise money.

Wal-mart is good about letting groups have bake sales in front of the store.

Car wash, if you ask local business in the area to help provide a parking lot and access to outside tap, most are open to the extra traffic.

One I did for a fund raiser was hot cocoa in a mason jar. I will admit the front cost is high but I made it back easily enough plus ended up with $300. Since it's going into warmer weather try cake in a jar. Just layer the dry ingredients into the jar, wrap a nice string or bow, and add a little tag with the group name on one side and the instructions on the other.

Another one I did was a bowl a thon. I gave each child a sign up sheet with 4 columns. One columns was for the person to put their name, next one was for how much money they was to give for each pin knocked down, next one was for a flat donation if they didn't want to do each pin. The last one was for total. I limited it to 2 games and asked the local bowling ally if they could give a discount to our group. I was able to knock the price to $5 total for each child to bowl and we made $200 or so.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

There's always the old standbys.. Car wash, bake sale, Raffle, Walkathon, Host a Scavenger hunt with donated prizes, rummage sale with donated items (take leftovers to Goodwill or SA), Crowdfunding, Letter writing campaign by the kids to local businesses.., 50/50 raffle in conjunction with some other event (car wash, bake sale, etc).

A local group hit me outside my local Giant Eagle the other day.. Had some of the kids selling tickets, for school safety. They were a parents group raising funds to buy door locks for the local schools. the school board told them they had no funds to protect their kids so if they wanted something they had to fund it themselves.
251 Doors at $250.00 each for barricade locks installed. A mere $62,750.00 is their current goal, then on to the next project (I suggested Go Buckets and trauma training as a possible next goal). They were selling raffle tickets for some sort of pretty Mothers day ceramic thingamabob. So Utilizing the upcoming holiday as a hook to help raise the necessary funds. I wish them well.

Best of luck in your fund raising, looks like a neat program. Which divisions is your group participating in ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Seems many people are resorting to the go fund me and social media advertising.

How much do you need to raise?