Nobody wants to take your guns.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Nobody wants to take your guns.

Post by Bruenor »

A nice collection of quotes to refer to when someone tells you that "Nobody wants to take all your guns"
https://thewriterinblack.com/2017/05/17 ... ur-guns-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.” Andrew Cuomo

“I do not believe in people owning guns. Guns should be owned only by [the] police and military. I am going to do everything I can to disarm this state.” Michael Dukakis

“If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all.” U.S. Rep. Henry Waxman

“In fact, the assault weapons ban will have no significant effect either on the crime rate or on personal security. Nonetheless, it is a good idea … Passing a law like the assault weapons ban is a symbolic – purely symbolic – move in that direction. Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation.” Charles Krauthammer, columnist, 4/5/96 Washington Post
More at the link
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
rattlehead

Re: Nobody wants to take your guns.

Post by rattlehead »

They never want to take your guns... until they do.
slowquest

Re: Nobody wants to take your guns.

Post by slowquest »

My daughter (12 by the way) said it best while listening to the news a few days ago. Her mom made a comment while watching a story about David Hogg and that fiasco, something to the effect of "They are taking big steps toward taking all the guns away" Daughter replied with "They're afraid to try to take them away, they want you to give them away. That's why they try so hard to make us afraid of guns"
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams