Movie with decent firearms handling - Wind River

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Movie with decent firearms handling - Wind River

Post by Bruenor »

I enjoyed this movie, and not once do I recall yelling at the TV that they did something wrong.. maybe they did but, they were doing so many things right I missed it.

in the beginning of the movie they show the tracker reloading for his 45-70, actually hand priming his cases with his scale and press and other items on the reloading bench.

When they engaged with the bad guys they shot, they shot fast, and a lot, until the threat stopped.. they shot till slide-lock and actually had to reload. People didn't instantly die from a single gunshot.

Not sure who the technical expert was on this film, but overall I'd give them high marks.

Oh and the movie had a decent story line as well.

enjoy

Wind River
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5362988/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Movie with decent firearms handling - Wind River

Post by schmieg »

I concur. I just watched it this past weekend.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
heathen

Post by heathen »

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered two different movies with that title through the library. Both look good.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

The one I'm talking about has Graham Greene as the Indian Police Chief.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

schmieg wrote:The one I'm talking about has Graham Greene as the Indian Police Chief.
This one
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

That's the one. I really liked that Scout Rifle he used in that.
-- Mike

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

There seems to be better and better gun/gear, manipulations, and tactics in action/police/military movies and TV shows lately.

The guns and gear on some of the CBS prime-time television shows makes me gaga as a geardo. :oops: :P To think years ago that we'd see this kind of hardware on-screen is just nuts.

The Breach Bang Clear "Friday Night Gunfights" feature are pretty cool, too. This week's feature is the 2010 Hollywood release Saints and Sinners:

http://www.breachbangclear.com/sinners-and-saints-fngf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also really enjoyed their analysis of the "bus gunfight" in season two of HBO's True Detectives:

http://www.breachbangclear.com/friday-n ... throwdown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The number of A-list stars who undertake various martial training in order to better portray their silver-screen roles is also ever-increasing. 8)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio