PBS stations to air G is for guns: the arming of teachers

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

PBS stations to air G is for guns: the arming of teachers

Post by M-Quigley »

Sorry for the late notice, I just now noticed this myself. As I was looking thru the guide, my local PBS affiliate has a half hour show on at 9pm e.s.t. tonight (thursday 3-22-18), called
G is for guns: the arming of teachers in America. I expect it to be a one sided anti gun hit piece, but I would be glad to be wrong about that. I'm going to record it and probably will only be able to stomach it in small doses to get thru the whole show if it's as inaccurate and inflammitory as I think it will be. It's not so much because I expect it to be anti gun, it's that most anti gun stuff I see by the 3 letter networks is either

A: they narrowly use selected facts to bolster their argument, which is very misleading, or

B: what they say is not factual at all. I'm not talking about little things, like calling a magazine a clip, but bizarre things, from people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. :(
AlanM

Re: PBS stations to air G is for guns: the arming of teacher

Post by AlanM »

That program is a year or two old.
This 10 minute clip from it was posted over a year ago.
Clip from rough sample G is for GUN: The Arming of Teachers in America
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M-Quigley

Re: PBS stations to air G is for guns: the arming of teacher

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:That program is a year or two old.
This 10 minute clip from it was posted over a year ago.
Clip from rough sample G is for GUN: The Arming of Teachers in America
Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately my computer won't play the link but that doesn't matter, I've taped the show, will just watch it.