Member Renewal Links Are Bad

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Member Renewal Links Are Bad

Post by Rhino »

I was viewing the Members please! thread and discovered the link to renew your OFCC membership there, http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Renew_Your_OFCC_Membership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, doesn't work. Then I discovered the renewal link on the menu bar of the main web site, ohioccw.org goes to the same incorrect address. Numerous articles on the main web site also referenced that bad link. I found the correct link by looking at my member dashboard on the main site, but that link includes text with my member ID (&mid=xxxx). I assumed that was included so the form would be pre-filled with my member info, but the form still pre-fills even after I remove the member ID from the url. Presumably it does this because I'm already logged in, so it doesn't seem necessary to include the member ID in the link at all. If you attempt to use the correct link when you aren't logged in, you're prompted to log in first, which makes sense for a renewal I guess. It takes you to the renewal page after you log in, so there's no need to re-enter the link url. To make a long story short, this is the correct url (link) to use for renewing OFCC membership:

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... =5&reset=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldn't put this post in the Members please! thread because it's locked. There really isn't a user accessible forum to post this kind of stuff in so I've put it here.

This will be my last renewal here since we're days away from putting our house on the market for a move to Tennessee. Gonna miss this place, and all the members too.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws