OFCC Main Web Page is down

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

OFCC Main Web Page is down

Post by techmike »

Not sure what the issue is, appears that it wants to download a file to your machine. Best to avoid it until further notice. It is being looked at.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: OFCC Main Web Page is down

Post by JustaShooter »

The file is benign, so nothing to worry about. But yeah, the main website is down until further notice.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Should be back.

Forced upgrade by the web hosting facility managed to break just about everything they could think of.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

jgarvas wrote:Should be back.

Forced upgrade by the web hosting facility managed to break just about everything they could think of.
Host did that to our gun clubs website recently with their unannounced upgrade. broke the URL rewrite in the site, so I had to turn it off, in order to get pages to load again. now all the URLS are big long ugly things instead of nice clean /information /events /contact_us

I still have no clue what they "upgraded" aside from the annual hosting fees.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson