Invi Self Defense Bracelet

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Invi Self Defense Bracelet

Post by scottb »

Would you bet your safety on your attacker’s olfactory senses?
https://invi.world/invi-bracelet/
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
Brian D.

Re: Invi Self Defense Bracelet

Post by Brian D. »

That is stupid.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

It is apparently a hit at the CES show this year. I agree - it is completely stupid. I can't help but laugh at the idea.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I'm not Korean, but I love Kimchi.

It seems to work just fine, too, if I simply ingest enough per day. :lol: Hell, even my wife leaves me alone!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

If it makes you Offensive, why do they call it a Defensive bracelet? :mrgreen:
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Reminds me of those silly TV ads to buy a super-strange flashlight or loud "siren" thing to repel attackers.

If that device is any good, activating it (same for the bracelet) gets kind of iffy under pressure.

Some people will buy anything to avoid a firearm, or at least expect us to do the same.

Sheesh....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I guess criminals today must care more about odor than back in the day. I had to deal with/transport a couple of them that were pretty odorous to begin with. :roll:

from the link:
After activation the gas-like smell can be noticed within seconds, lasting up to several hours. The smell works disturbing and repellent. However, reactions differ per person. The smell can reach over 100 meters distance and can help to alarm others in the surrounding.
Skunk Odor?
Please keep in mind that irresponsible use of the bracelet and the gas-like smell may have serious (financial) consequences (please also refer to the section “Are there any risks?”). The wearer is responsible for assessing the situation prior to using the bracelet. For example, do not use the Invi Bracelet in a crowded bar if there are other options to ward off a touchy drunk
Under risks it says,
Although use of the Bracelet is not an aggressive or violent act towards an attacker, be aware that an aggressive response can not be excluded.
and what to do if you have to use it?
Go to a safe place. Remove bracelet from wrist. Remove contaminated clothes and move to fresh air. In case of skin contact: rinse skin with water and soap for at least 15 minutes. In case of eye contact: rinse eyes with water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Consult a doctor when symptoms persist. People with respiratory diseases can use their own medication.
So the victim ends up worse than the person or persons they are trying to repel. :(

Under the "Will a foul smell really repel an attacker?
The smell can surprise, demotivate and repel an attacker without using violence. The foul smell evokes a disgust reaction which has a negative effect on sexual arousal.
I heard once from a woman who bought a gun from me that lead exposure also has a negative effect on a sexual assault. Also the police stated that this lead exposure was what helped them arrest her attacker, who was wanted for previous sexual assaults, so there was a double benefit.

Although I wouldn't recommend this product to others, it wouldn't surprise me if a certain female relative of mine will get this for herself and her daughters. :(